OT Say hello to my little friend!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Is it gonna be camo? LCCJ7?

Reply to
VWGirl

Yep, thats a jeep.

You want to repaint it already ? Whats wrong with blue ?

Randy

RSMEINER

Err, the subject sounded a bit worrying. But after looking at the pictures, it seems to be safe to watch them, as there is no adult content after all.

Congratulations on your new Jeep. It seems to have=20 some places to tinker with. What kind of color(ing)=20 do you have in mind?

Reply to
Olli Lammi

It sags on the left side a bit. No?

Say, with this one you could do sky-camo. You know, airbrush clouds in that blue paint. That way when you are in the mud, you will look like a reflection in a puddle. Really mess 'em up.

Reply to
jjs

That does it!

For sale - 71 VW type1 - 77 VW type1 - 66 VW type1 - 80 railbuggy Make offer. Need pics?

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 07:37:59 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

i'd say you did see "it"... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Good for you. They used to mount the spare tire on the left rear fender just behind the wheel arch. They had reinforcing spanning to the inner fender. The bodies still cracked terribly and that was back when the sheetmetal was about 60% thicker. The tailgates were never designed to support that much weight and inertia. There are spare tire racks that swing away, that bolt with lots of surface area, to the rear corners of the body. They tear also and they're very heavy. The most likely to succeed type attach down at the frame / bumper and hinge downward. This system uses the frame for support so the body doesn't rip. Fairly easy for you to build one like that.

It used to be common for people to mount massive 1/4" thick steel bumpers to the 18 gauge or so frame members. Frame members then cracked! It was common to add diamondplate reinforcement on major stress areas or places where you tend to run into trees and stuff. I was a dumb kid and put diamond plate and other reinforcements on my dad's '69 CJ5 and those were all places that totally rusted out. I don't remember if I used aluminum diamondplate but probably - the electrolysis eats the metal away very quickly! I suspect that's how those holes formed - you'll want to make a patch big enough to get out to good steel.

I don't know when they started including locking / unlocking hubs as standard equipment - it was sometime after I drifted away from jeeps and got into motorcycles. Whether it had them or not, it used to be common practice to have some extra drive flanges laying around... When you sell the jeep, you keep your good Warn hubs and put the drive flanges back on. We used to stock hundreds of drive flange gaskets at the Jeep Center - there was about a foot-long peg that was always kept pretty much full! When you put your new hubs on, find a place to stash the drive plates, or at least one of them, so you have it for when that manual hub goes T.U. and you need 4wd to get back to civilization.

Another top priority is check all the body-to-frame mountings, be sure the rubber spacers are in good shape and replace all the bolts using the best grade you can get and the biggest thickest washers where space allows. Also check the engine mounts, radiator mounts (look for cracks) and the transmission and transfer case mounts. Check the engine to transmission bolts and transfer case to tranny bolts if this model has them bolted together. I'm not familiar with the Dana 30 - does it have exposed CV joints, or are they tucked away in a big ball-joint looking "hinge?" Either way, the seals and bearings are a common failure point.

Get underneath and check the frame for cracks at every attachment point. Check especially the spring perches and where the front crossmember / bumper attaches and the rear crossmember. When you find cracks, don't get uptight about it, just fix it! Be sure to reinforce a little bit, but if you go overboard, you just concentrate all the flexing at the end of your reinforcement! It is usually not a matter of the P.O. trying to pass something off - (cracks) - but a matter of him not knowing about them. It is also pretty much a "given" that wherever you find cracks on this one (if any) that every Jeep in that particular series will have the same cracks or be starting on them.

Think real seriously before modifying the suspension especially regarding raising the vehicle. You'll find the center of gravity to be uncomfortably high as it is. We don't want to be burying you in your new toy! I see a lot of them up here in the Northwest especially the idiots who think that because they have 4wd they are invincible.

You'll find it much easier to work on than the LCB, I'm sure. You might need some bigger wrenches and some pipe to put over your breaker bars for added leverage! As long as you figger out the downside to stuff before you dive into it, I'm sure you'll do great. Just remember that a large percentage of the Jeep owners in the world all combined, have brain power equal to one clear-thinking common-sensical type person! Just because evry jeep you see in your area has something done a certain way doesn't mean it's an intelligent mod! Generally if it looks cool, they'll do it even if it kills them!

Reply to
Busahaulic

.........snip........as there is no adult content after all.

........................You foreigners really are smarter than us 'mericans..........lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Nice looking Jeep Shaggie. Very classic looking, and the paint looks good. I never liked those 80's Jeeps when someone had the bright idea to put square headlights on them. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

....................Thank heavens you didn't buy one of those ridiculous CJ-7 poser jeeps!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

..................That would be an interesting scheme for a vehicle that's prone to getting stuck in the mud.........lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Reply to
jimt

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:46:30 +0300, "Olli Lammi" shared the following:

Nothing exciting. Olive drab with black wheels. That blue color just isn't for me.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Not working... why does this always happen to me? :-)

Reply to
Howard Rose

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:55:45 +0100, Howard Rose shared the following:

If you just tried like 5 minutes ago, it didn't work because my crappy ISP dumped my connection AGAIN. :-/

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:13:07 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

LOL..maybe they didn't dump your connection and maybe they arent' "crappy"...maybe theyjust dumped your "crappy" site....LOL J(*don't think i need to say it but just in case, that was a joke)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:47:31 -0400, Joey Tribiani shared the following:

Yeah, the one on the left there. It hangs a little lower than the one on the right. Yeah, that one. Lick it. :-O

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:04:54 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

um...NO....i didn't realize that buying a jeep would make you turn h*mo...LOL J(*STILL* making bad jokes)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You mean he is actually a member of the Homosapiens specie(sp?) ???

J.

Reply to
BergRace