OT What I did on my vacation

...........You are one sick puppy. Thank God the kid is smarter than his dad. He must take after his mom.

......Why don't you get some pig snouts and see if they'll float up to the top of your bucket of lard?

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I should have fried up some gizzards and hearts to go along with these feet. There's not much meat on them. I should have tried the beef feet they had, I guess. Or the tongue. Looked plenty meaty. Next time. :-)

Reply to
Shag

*gag*

I..... I don't know what to.... *urp*...

*elp*....

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Buffalo tongue was the most sought after cut of meat by Indian and white settler alike. My mom used to cook cow tongue while I was growing up. It actually tastes pretty good. She would bake it in the oven. Then you have to peel it and then slice up the nice hunk of meat. We had cow heart quite often also. Now, I own a hog farm. All kinds of fun stuff you can do with them. We have a group of Bosnians who come out every two weeks and buy 3 or

4 small (60-80 pound) hogs. We have to knife the hog instead of shoot it, because they like the brain, and when you shoot it, it messes the brain up too much. They went in the barn the other day and saw some of the little newborn piglets, about 1 week old, and asked how much we wanted for them. They said they were the perfect size to roast and eat one per person. We didn't sell those though.

Neil

11 Volkswagens 450 hogs

Reply to
Neil

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 01:05:26 +0200, Jan Andersson scribbled this interesting note:

Some people are a bit more queasy than others....

John Willis

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:41:29 -0500, Shag scribbled this interesting note:

That beverage you call a beer is more troublesome to me than your choice of snacks. I'll try almost anything at least once so your snacks hold a certain amount of interest for me. Your choice of beer, on the other hand...well, let's just say that life is too short to drink bad beer!:~)

John Willis

you been playing with them chickens too much....

BBA

Reply to
Billy Bad Assr©

Glad I was out of my tree reading this/looking at the pic's..

Then again I distinctly remember having pigs feet/trotters when I was a kid..

P.J.Berg

Thats why we don't :O)

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

You should se how skinny he is... :o)

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Ps, also remember having to fry "Blodpudding" that is puddin of blood, sliced about 1/2" thin/thick and frying a whole lot of them mutthas on an hydraulicly(SP?) operated pan aprox 3*3 feet!! Never felt so sick from just smell alone, VERY close to vommiting all over the place, the smell is realy sickening, no joke!

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I *so* do not want to hear.

;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Not anymore Joern... lol

I put on some weight since the last time we met

:D

84kg

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Really? They had some pork blood sausage at the grocery store where I bought the chicken feet. It was big fat links of it. I could see on the end of one link that was not tied up that it looked like casing stuffed with um... just blood. Like it was a dark red as if the blood had started to coagulate and stuff and... uh... Not sure if I'll every buy any of that or not. Not sure. :-)

Reply to
Shag

That's too processed. It's like comparing Velveeta cheese food to real cheese.

I say just buy a pig and a beer tap and have yourself a tall glass of steaming hot fresh pig's blood. Yummy!

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Ever had any charnina? (Blood pudding)

Charles of Kankakee