Performance engine sugestions

heck, if you want cheap you can get a big engine from GEX or MOFOCO for 1/2 that. Think that's a good deal?

It seems you have a bit to learn about VW engines.

John Aircooled.Net inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

John....I don't want cheap.....I want reliable.. and I have A LOT to learn about engines. That's why I'm asking for your advice. I need a turnkey, not just a longblock. shipped complete. and aircooled.net doesn't have that on the website. can you build a turnkey performance engine?

BTW, I don;t know what;s GEX or MOFOCO

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Ok, I'll email him now with my request. Let's see what does he recomend and if he's willing to do it. Does he aswer his emails?

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

I didn't say T4...check his website, it says that he still offers 2000+ cc T1's. Unless his website is wrong.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

ANT: What's a GEX engine, it seems like everyone here knows but me. And do you really think I can build my first engine without messing it up?

BTW, are you related to Ant?

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Ah dunno. But he has built a lot of them over the years.

Don't know that either. He might if a customer really wanted him to give it a shot. Did I read that you were gonna try them?

-mAx

Reply to
Max Welton

Generally, yes.

Well, he answers mine at least. ;-)

But a phone call may allow for a better dialog. Sometimes it takes three days of email to cover what could be a 15 minute telephone conversation.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Ant:

Not sure if you were here at the time, but Cal-look.com took over my old links page last December. :o) My old url

will get youthere. :o)

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

Yep, I remember they took over your links. As the filthy version of Mr. Rogers might ask "Can you say cluster f**k boys and girls?"

Honestly, what they did to your page is a shame. No sense of order or simple grouping of categories. I've given up on using it. But then again, there's always here:

ANT

Trust me, 3 emails from me are equivalent to an hour over the phone. Remember I'm overseas, and phone companies here charge a lot on long distance.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

I didn't know where you were, sorry. I know the D.R.

Reply to
jjs

Funny how with the GEX or MOFOCO, the bigger the engine, the more honest the value - wait, wait hear me out! BECAUSE bigger displacement means more air in the engine, and bubbah - the only part they can't screw up is the air! Or are they oxygen thieves as well?

Reply to
jjs

No prob. I thought you saw my addy. Can you tell me what is GEX or MOFOCO? everyone here seems to know but me.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Reply to
Ilambert

Ok, I emailed Steve. Let's see what his recomendations are.

I was thinking about going to RAT for this engine. but everyone here seems to agree in that he is a type4 guy (there's no way to work them here if they brake) and he's REALLY busy all the time. specially for having an engine iliterate like me asking questions.

Let's see what comes out of all of this. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

If you don't get anything by tommorow night, let me know and I'll give him a call.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

For everyone elses info, there used to be several ramvites that know who Steve is. Who remembers Banzai KG (Jim Kikuchi), Nelson "sho-n-prove" Brum and Fweemin' Dan?

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

isn't Jim the one that stole vwlover's "ramvy" beetle?

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Your better off not even knowing these companies :) If your not gonna build an engine yourself, then you need to spend some extra cash with someone thats gonna put a little thought and TLC into building it for you. Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro