PLEASE HELP!!!!! WHERE DO THESE WIRES GO???

I'm trying to finish the carpet in my 'vert. I've noticed that under the back seat on the left side (driver side) from the wire harness there in a GRAY WIRE that is not going anywhere, also from the same harness it spits off to a 3 wire smaller harness where I have the following wires:

SOLID BROWN BROWN WITH WHITE STRIPE WHITE (YELLOWISH??) WITH RED STRIPE

Can anyone help me determine where these 4 wires go? Mosre than likely I knocked them loose. Are they ground wires?????

Bellow are links to pictures pictures:

GRAY WIRE

Location of brown wire sub harness

Brown and White wires

This is from a 1972 Super Beetle Convertible

Thanks for the help

Reply to
Narley Dude®

More than likely, they were from the Diagnostic Socket. Look on my web site for: "What is this plug in my engine bay?"

Also, does your vert have a heated rear window? If so, there was a relay under the seat for that. If no window, the wires might be in the harness anyway.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Hey Jim,

Thanks for your help. I figured it out. DUH!!!! I forgot when I had an alternator conversion and that eliminated the voltage regulartor. (That's why I was starring at it and wondering.... Hmmmmm there is something missing)

Thanks again!!

Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®