VW's in the movies

Just got back for seeing "the hills have eyes" theres a scene with 3 VW's a bay bus a type 181 thing (nice shape) and a beetle.

The movie is worth seeing if you like gore and has a fair plot.

Mario Vintage Werks Resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Al Gore's new career?

:)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Lemony snickets. There's a bus from a estate agent that looks like a vw bay but has wider tyre covers. What is this?

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Friends

If you want to see some old cars in a movie ...especially VW Beetles and similar then take a look 'Funeral In Berlin' which stars Michael Caine.

It was made way back in the sixties and is also a great yarn.

Cheers Klang

Reply to
klang

I love seeing old bugs in brand new condition in movies. When I watch the pink panther and films made in mexico. THEY'RE CLEAN LOOKING.

of coarse whenever theres a bad storm have you noticed that theres always a bug under a tree or pole? like they couldn't hit a chevy truck or oldsmobile?

Reply to
slugbug

For the 2nd type of people here, see Double Man,

klang wrote:

Reply to
hh

Could be because they quit making Oldsmobiles before they quit making Bugs..........Nah.... Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

you could still buy Oldsmobile in 04...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

But why would you want to? With 21 million Beetles, it's not like there was a trend or something.

Charles of Schamburg

Reply to
n5hsr

hehe...Charles, i didn't want to...however my sister did buy an 04 oldsmobile....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Oldsmobile 1901-2004. Just another throw-away name plate for GM, just like Oakland and LaSalle, I miss the Cutlass and the Delta 88, the Toranado. How many GM cars were like the Toranado? Sadly the 442 was like the Chevelle of its era, except with a bigger engine and slightly better appointments.

I miss 1955. That was the year VW started making it big in the US and the US mfgs all started changing their body styles in a major way for the first time since about 1937.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Oldsmobile, 1897-2004

Ransom Eli Olds founded the Olds Motor Vehicle Company in the waning days of the 19th Century; acquired by GM in 1908.

In '65, the Toronado became the first US-made front-wheel-drive car since the '30s. The Toronado platform would also be used under the Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado, which premiered for the '67 model year.

BTW... I already knew of a couple of titles in this thread, but I have made note of those I wasn't familiar with... Thanks!

Jim

VWFilms

There was also R.E.O., which wasn't a part of GM to my knowledge but became part of Diamond-Reo.

What's really odd is that the Henry Ford Motor Car Company (pre-1903) was bought out by Henry Leland and made over into Cadillac. That was bought out by GM, then Henry Leland founded another car company, Lincoln, that was bought out by the Ford Motor Company (1903 version) sometime in the 20's. If Ford buys GM, is that Henry's Revenge? It's confusing enough that VW owns Bentley, or is that Rolls-Royce?

Charles of Schamburg

Reply to
n5hsr