Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Old Beetle Question
Hi all! I have a 1971 Super Beetle with fixed rear side windows. I have the opportunity to salvage the rear pop-out windows from a 1970 Beetle (which I'd like to install on my 71) 2 questions...
3
3

Kill swtich with LED, how to wire the LED?
I was able to install a kill switch, grounding the coil, thanks for the info, group! However, the LED part doesn't work right. It stays on regardless of whether the coil is grounded or not. I forgot...
14
14

Re: Trubbles with Bus Boys - help?
Well, I drove by every day this week, and it looks like they're open.[1] I'm pretty sure I saw the door open yesterday when I drove past. They share the parking lot with a repair joint next door,, so...

Re: Engine Case Alloy
Definitely throw it in the campfire. It takes a while to start burning but it burns white hot. Often, a white hot "lava" rolls out of the fire. Old transmission cases and transmission nose cones...

gas gauge
I replaced the sending flotation unit and I put in a new voltage regulator ( for the gas gauge, not the generator circui). This is the new type gauge I got from CIP. Now when the gauge indicates 1/2...

mystery hose (and good news)
Well, after a year of part-time work I was finally able to drive my '74 std on a simple errand. Having replaced all the wiring, patched the floors, de- rusted the body, replacing the exhast system,...
5
5

Beetle Front Hood question
Will a 1967 or earlier hood fit a 68? I realise the latching mechanism is totally different. I have the 68 latch to install. The reason I am asking (car came with the 67 hood) is the rubber seal...

Oltcit, a long lost aircooled boxer sibling?
jeez, a friend in Romania (female, go figure! :) has one, a "licensed" Citroen.... "Oltcit" Says in the article, they had a flat twin and flat four aircooled engines, and even torsion bar suspension!...
3
3

Re: Coming out
Chris, I have a question.... will you sue me because you don't want people to know that you're a 360 pound morbidly obese kid who expresses a keen interest in crossdressing by posting intensively on...
34
34

Another Aircooled Almost Done!
After being gone from the group for AGES, I thought I'd pop my head up and show what I've been up to. '60 DC kn6f @
3
3

FS: 1971 VW Westfalia in Seattle
This bus is in good running condition. The body is in ok condition with some definate rough spots. Photos and details are available at $1500.00 OBO Contact Hal Landvoigt at or 206-297-8450
2
2

swap meets?
When and where are all the swap meets? 4play (@|/@)(.~/.)
2
2

74 bumper shock question
I was given a 74' standard to use for sheet metal parts and it turned out to be better overall than my 69'. However, it came without fenders, bumpers or the bumper shocks. I know the rear fenders on...
3
3

Re: bench bleeding master cylinder
On 1 Jul 2003 21:57:02 -0700, rob_taylor (RobTaylor), who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so: This worked...
14
14

Re: Velocity stacks