Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Using Kadrons with Vacuum Distrib.
Okay, so I'm looking at AJ Sims web site/catalog and he says Kadrons are happiest with vacuum advance, not 009/050 distribs. So I look at the Kadrons, and hey - no vacuum tube??? So Sims has this deal...
6
6

Another reason to love/hate VoA
VoA and VW of Germany have begun to sue publishers for books that are currently being marketed without a licensing agreement. More on this later.
2
2

front suspension question
Can you strip the brakes,steering,and torsion arms from a 74 ball joint assembly and install them on a bare king/link beam? I have 3 later model front ends but have aquired a bugpack bigboy rail frame...
2
2

OT: Attn computer nerds...............
What's it mean when this happens? Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB® http://www.angelfire.com/retro/ssterile/MAIN%20PAGE.html http://www.angelfire.com/retro/ssterile/error.jpg
2
2

Re: Update on 74 thing speed problem. Ideas ?
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 02:17:53 -0400, "Chris Taylor" scribbled this interesting note: Any Type 1 manual. Haynes, Chilton, Bentley. If it covers a Beetle of the same year then it covers your Thing. Minor...
1
1

Re: different gas tanks
Interesting project. I'm looking into a racing fuel cell for my kit car. Check out JEGs. Couldn't hurt with a front-mounted gas tank, and they do come in reasonable sizes but that funny shaped front...
1
1

JETTA COUPE
I know that the jeta MkI & MkII exsist in the U.S. so does anyone have any pictures of one or better yet does anyone know where I could purchase one? Email me at custom_jetta or reply in group if you...
2
2

Gas or Electric -- Engine Fail Question
Howdy. I haven't touched the engine just wanted to get some thoughts before hand. Driving down the street, one of our bajas started acting like it ran out of gas. Limped it into the station and filled...
2
2

Buddy Hackett is Gone...
What a tragedy,,, The original guy, that talked with, understood, and loved VW's is gone. From Love bug fame, this guy knew what we all talk about! That our cars have "soul" ! Rest in Peace...
4
4

Re: Cheap Tools (Was: something stupid by stafford)
Wow, that shop sounds much better than mine. I ain't got no hooker. Do goats count? href="">Den's 1978Puma
1
1

Shaggie....
You been working out in the field lately?
7
7

WTF is FPT?
(Not FTP, Travis. :)) Okay, I think I know AN fittings. ( -1 AN = 1/16" inch so AN -8 = 1/2") And I know what an NPT fitting is, but looking at alternatives for an oil-filter relocator (mount) I see...
4
4

Re: Dismantling Distributor
I use a cut down punch, a piece of tubing ground to the shape of the drive hub & a bench vise to remove then. Easy & quick. Dave.
1
1

Re: Website Inquiry
That be the one, Thanks!! -- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama - vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Popout Window Latches
I am having problems with my popout windows on my bug not staying open. I can open them and tighten the latch and they still go closed. What do I need to replace or make to put in them the hold them...
2
2