Front Hubs

Hi I have a 1987 GMC 4X4 and the hub on the right side front doesn't lock, I started to pull it apart and there is an aluminum peice that was broke deep inside on the outer shaft, I can't seem to get this part out, the pics I have show a snap ring holding it in but there isn't any. does anyone have any idea how this all comes out? I'm lost TIA .........Tom Davin

Reply to
tom davin

There is a snap ring, but it is very small and hard to see. You need to use a small knife tip or like an ice pick to find the end and start moving it out of the groove. It is easy when you find the gap in it and thus the end to pry out. old john

Reply to
ajeeperman