If Ford had Cummins?

Page 12 of 13

hmm......yet you think you can get an ISB in the f450/f550.....and that the cummins dodge is aviailable at 650 ft. lbs......and that the LP isnt an issue. LOL. :-)

http://tinyurl.com/ybwqz8
youre right max, the issue isnt known, and does not exist. <roll eyes>
......that you would continue to argue ignorance is funny. :-)

WRONG. i stated that the INJECTION PUMP was replaced "just in case". the lift pump was a failure. please do some research and learn the difference in the two.

WRONG! otherwise they are opinions! im sure somewhere out there is a woman that thinks you are the best looking man she has ever seen. that isnt factual, it is her OPINION. same goes for me, and everyone else.

lol......right max......the lift pump issue never existed. :-)
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Actually, it would seem that if Cryco was "saved", it wouldn't have needed the merger.... hmmm... Mac
I bought the best truck and the best engine on the market. I'm not so hot on the newer Dodges, and Ford engineering has been shit for years. The more I see, the more I'd be inclined to buy a used 2000 Ram Cummins if I won the lottery.
If Dodge goes to a Mercedes Diesel, I might be tempted to take the weight advantage of the Cummins for the power/weight ratio of the Mercedes equalling great MPG for the power. The only thing that matches a good American diesel is a German engineered diesel. But the Dodge/Mercedes diesel would be a second truck, not a replacement for the '00 in the driveway.
--
Max

It would be a tough call, but I'd probably go with the Ford. I like the Ford chassis and cab better than Dodge, so it's not that. It's Ford's proven track record of taking things that are perfectly good and f***ing them all up. (Reference them insisting on dicking around with the injection system/software from Navistar on the 6.0L). From a maintenance point of view, they seem to engineer the convenience out of everything. I wouldn't put it past them to require to to remove an axle to change a tire (exaggeration, but you get the idea).
The powertrain would be the deciding factor, and would tip the odds in Ford's favor, IMO.
Ugh.... me driving a Ford.... what's the world coming to? :)

Mopar or no car!
Mike

That's a little much.<G>
Roy

for the most part I'm there with you mike...I've always been a mopar fan....but to be honest the Cummins was the deciding factor when it was time for the 8.0L to say goodbye. I looked at the competitions, didn't go with the Dmax because of things I heard and it having not been out that long. looked at ford but they had been changing their stuff up too much, I questioned the longevity of what they had done. so the Cummins in the dodge wound up being a no brainer...
with that said if the Cummins was in a Ford....I don't know what way I would have went...what dodge would be using would have to be DAMN good, as I said the Cummins was the BIGGEST deciding factor.
--
----------------------------
-Chris

I guess it would depend on what Dodge offered for a diesel. Between Cummins and Cat, I'd follow the Cummins and if ford had a Cummins I'd be in one. Having said that, the Magnum we bought last month with the v-6 is a nice car. We looked at all the others, and liked the magnum best, time will tell.
Roy

Good point, Chris... what I SHOULD have said was "what if Ford and Dodge both had Cummins?"
Mac

the short answer.....the Dodge
--
----------------------------
-Chris

ive always been a dodge man, but i do feel that dodge has fallen behind in other areas. not a lot certainly, but i do notice differences when i drive my buddys '05 king ranch. i wouldnt trade my cummins for anything but another cummins, being able to get one in an f350 king ranch would certainly sweeten a good deal even more.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

I'm with ya... more comfortable seats, larger rear passenger room, crew cab/long bed availability... if I could just get one without that UGLY AS HELL blue oval on the grill :)

Even if ferd had heated seats? Mac

Damn, Mac... yer makin' it tough...
;^)
Mike

Well, you have to consider all the options, Mike.. lol
Personally, I'd have a tough choice between the Dodge and Ford 3/4 ton four doors....
When I was shopping in 2004, what I decided that I wanted was an F250 super duty 4 door with a Cummins and an Allison tranny... *lol*
Mac
No I didn't read the last 56 post of it..............
Mine. 98.5 QC 2500 24valve 5spd. stock except for a mechanical fuel pressure guage. I bought the truck with 143,000kms on it, Changed the lift pump at about 150,000. FP went from a soild 15psi at lide to 5psi when I swapped it out. Now 160,000kms.........I'm getting a P0216 code...............nice.

Do I understand correctly? You changed out a LP that was at the time showing 15psi. at idle ? If so why?

I read it as it was 15psi when new, but slowly dropped to 5psi, which is when/why he changed it.

Okay.
yup you got it.