If Ford had Cummins?

Page 7 of 13

if i didnt want this to be family events i'd get a slidein for me and the boys. like i said me and tara have looked at slide-ins and came to the decision that they (even with the slides) dont have the room she wants. another snag with a slide-in is my truck is a 2500 it doesnt take a whole lot of slidein to be pushing upper limits of payload capacity.

well that was one of the reasons we got the diesel liberty. it has the trailer tow capacity to pull the boat. and does it fairly well, atleast as well as you can expect a small truck to handle that size trailer. we have used it on the past couple of holiday weekends to launch the boat at the local lake. its much easier to park that combonation in a overly crowded launch parking lot than it is with the lwb dodge.

thanks man, and yea that looks like a nice rig....if only it had a good engine *grin*

But Nate, you have countless times said that the Dmax was the superior engine, just look at its hp rating.....
So, which was your above statement, backpedal or spin?
--
Max

WRONG. i clearly stated that it was superior ON PAPER (relevant becasue that is what bean counters look at).

it was spin, but it was MAX trying to spin a victory out of his own failure to comprehend my clear statement.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Its not a good diesel on paper. Good diesels come in inline six design, and have cast iron heads. Good diesels do not require grid heaters AND glow plugs. The Dmax doesn't have the durability ratings of the Cummins, and has more parts to fail. Last, its a light duty diesel competing against a medium duty diesel.
And you admit all this in your statement:

You squashed your own point again.
Moving on.
--
Max

more power, less weight, BETTER MILEAGE....it is PERFECT on paper.

WRONG.....because i clearly differentiated between the two (on paper which the bean counters look at, to real world bottom line). i dont however, expect you to acknowledge ANYTHING, including the RAMPANT lift pump issue that you claim doesnt exist.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Hardly. You are aware, in your vast knowledge, that a diesel can be fueled to meet specific levels of power at any given RPM, are you not? Do you think Cummins arbitrarily picked specs that match the DMax? Cummins tuned it to those specs to beat the Dmax. Rest assured, the engine will have those specs when it hits the street.
--
Max

you were NOT correct. WILL BE is not the same thing as available as you claimed, and its certainly subject to change at any point prior to. yet another fuck up, own it max.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Since the 6.7 engine is not currently available in ANY rating , my info was correct.
Try a remedial course in grammar.
--
Max

NOT what you said before. we were comparing the cummins to the duramax.....not what might happen in the future. nice try, miserable failure.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

The C&C truck is definitely a de-tuned engine, because of the transmission options. Starting in January, the regular 2500/3500 pickups will be available with the 350/650 engine, when equipped with the new 68RFE auto. 6spd manuals will still be 325/610, I believe.
Oh, and BTW - the Dmax is also de-tuned in manual trans configurations, too :)
why do you think they are detuning the engine for the standards? the clutch or another reason?
--
----------------------------
-Chris

Not sure... it may be due to the DM flywheel, but I suspect the torque rating of the G56 isn't up to 650ft.lbs.
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 00:19:02 -0600, Nathan In Montana wrote:

Have any of you folks *ever* driven a k-car????? It was junk.

Agreed but it was cheap to build and dc sold a shit load of them.

I rated it as pretty close to the Escort. Not real good, not horrible either. By todays standards, awful.

im stating my opnion of him. i find him arrogant, just as i find you to be an asshole.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
Damn Nate, what the hell has gotten into you?

somebody replying: "Methinks Nate is overreacting (again!) and is just blowing smoke." in response to my personal opinion of someone that neither of us knows. perhaps i misread mikes intentions, thats sometimes easy to do when all you have is printed text in front of you, but it sure looked insulting to me.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:00:34 -0600, "Nathan In Montana"

wow, you gotta go quite a ways to see mike simmons as an asshole. quite a ways off track that is.
i think max is right on. there would be complaints from some circles, but the german diesel would win even those people over. don't get me wrong, i love the cummins, i just can't write off the mercedes. have talked to a lot of very knowledgable people lately and have found no one that has a single bad thing to say about it. i8t wold work out fine after the initial complaints. it isn't an international and it deosn't have aluminum heads after all.