ping: Nate .. old baja pics

Page 2 of 7

They must have changed, obviously... when I tried a few weeks ago it told me that the files were refused!
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

thats pretty dang neat mac! im surprised though, at the cost. 150k is what i would expect to pay in this country. in mexico where the typical worker makes $5 a day how do the locals afford to live if a nice hosue like that is 150k? how are you received in general? are you disliked for being able to afford such a house? for example, so many californians are selling their homes and moving to montana bringing the millions of dollars that they got for selling their homes in california that the property values here are getting so outrageous that its getting difficult for the lower and lower-middle class to afford a decent home. this (amongst other political reasons) is why the natives tend to dislike californians (im not saying it is justified or not, im just saying how it is). do you run into the same thing there?
i look foward to more pics, its really neat what you have done.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Why do so many Americans have a complete lack of knowledge of Mexico yet make statements like that? It is true that Mexico's minimum wage is about that but per the Mexican Social Security Institute the average is 4 to 5 times as much. Plus their money goes much further than it does here.

that statement was based on comments from someone actually living and working there. are you claiming greater knowledge than one who lives and works there every day?
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Possibly yes. I do not know whom you are referring to. I have traveled Mexico extensively, have relatives born and raised in Mexico and my folks currently live in Mexico. So yes, your statement is wrong and Mexico's IMSS office that tracks such figures also disagrees.

what some website has to say is to me irrelevant. i base both my statement and belief on those who live there and work there. earlier i posted a link to my friend/employee oscar. he is one of my sources.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
You are wasting your time Nate. Miles knows everything about everything and has family who lives everywhere and does everything. Funny how he described Mexico as a third world nation and then says everyone there is living well and the poverty level is slim, LOL.

"Nathan W. Collier" < snipped-for-privacy@way.com> wrote in message
TBone wrote:

3rd world does not mean dirt poor. It's more of a cultural and sociological difference than an economic one. You crack me up TBone. You and Nate will argue about a country you've never been to and attempt to know all about it. Too funny.

Oh really??? Go look it up and post the definition.

How would you know, do you live there? the number of people giving up everything to come here say's different.

I hate to burst your bubble Miles, you keep killing your own arguments. First you say that money there goes further, then you say that just about everything but housing cost the same as it does here. How exactly then does money go further then???? You say that the Mexican worker makes the same there as here and then say that companies there have significant savings in operating costs including labor. How exactly does that work??? I could go further but since all you will do is spin it, there is no point.

TBone wrote:

"Developing Nation". Has nothing to do with being poor and everything to do with the style of social, political, and economic cultures.

Yes I have. Have you?

LOL, not by definition and with what you say the current minimum wage is and even what many are making, the definition is correct andf you are wrong, imagine that.

TBone wrote:

You still trying to argue about a country you have never been too, have no family there and know zilch about? Ya, thats your style.

Just because you lived there doesn't make you an expert as you are more than proving here.

TBone wrote:

Far more so than you who know zilch.

Say all that you want Miles because all you are really managing to do is prove my points. 40% below the poverty level is even worse than Jamaica and to see the way some of the people live over there is enough to make you cry.

TBone wrote:

Mexico ranks right next to Australia for % of people living below the median income. That 40% is also based on the USA's poverty level which doesn't apply to Mexico to well. Someone earning a wage at the USA's poverty level would certainly not be poor in Mexico. Heck, most people at the USA's poverty level would be considered doing rather well in many other countries.
Jamaica huh? Hmm. Another country you've never been too but know all about huh?

That is not true. Perhaps you had better go back and really look at the site that you posted. IIRC, and I'm not going to even bother wasting the time to look, the rating that you are refering to is GNP, not the number of people living above or below the poverty line. The poverty level rating can be found by clicking on Mexico in the main rating list and then clicking on the link where it shows the poverty level. A whole new list pops up showing the ranks of the different countries according to population below the poverty level and Australia is nowhere near it but Jamaica is right above it and everyone knows just how dirt poor that country is.

Damn Miles, can you really be this stupid???? That would make it a meaningless number. Sorry to burst you bubble Miles, but once again you are dead wrong. Those numbers are based on the poverty level of the specific country, not the US.

That is correct so please explain the meaning of using the US poverty level as a basis point for other countries. You will not be able to because it makes no sense at all and would be completely meaningless. Hell Miles, even in this country you can't even do that between States. Do you really think that you can live at the same level for the same money in California as you can in Montana.

Again, more proof that basing poverty level of other countries on American incomes as you said they did would be completely meaningless and that you really don't know WTF you are talking about.

Actually Miles. I have been there a few times. As you like to say, I have, or in this case had, family over there. And like you said, many of the locals are loving and caring people but many don't have a pot to piss in.

TBone wrote:

Title of the chart on the 1st page reads "Population below median income". I said median TBone.

Wrong. Each country may or may not even have a poverty level THEY compute. It's only meaningful if you have something to relate it to. Whats considered poverty in the USA may not be poverty elsewhere. In the USA theres scores of people below the poverty level whom have cable TV and Internet. Different cultures TBone. Something you just can't grasp.

Exactly, yet there is a federal poverty level used for determining things such as social services available even at the state level.

Sure ya do TBone! Good grief!

Who cares Miles. When you click on Mexico it says that 40% are below the poverty level.

Are you really serious? What a complete load of crap. Poverty has a definition Miles, go and look it up.

Once again, you prove yourself to be an idiot. While it may be true that the same standard of living in one area may be considered substandard in another, poverty is pretty much the same everywhere. When you cannot affors to feed your falily or provide for even basic needs, then you are in the poverty class and yes, there are levels of that as well.

LOL, if they can afford cable TV and internet connections then they are either not poverty level or are just stupid, much like yourself.

Yes they can but it is not exactly the same for every state or even for every reigon in each state.

TBone wrote: s Miles. When you click on Mexico it says that 40% are below the

What poverty level is that exactly? What does it mean in Mexico? How are these 40% living exactly? What do they have in the way of housing, food etc? I know you have a belief of dirt poor with little to nothing (maybe based on USA standards) but thats all it is, a belief.

The POVERTY LEVEL does not have an exact definition agreed to by every nation in the world in how they compute it. The poverty level the Feds in the USA set does not mean dirt poor and homeless without food etc.

Bull. In the USA people that earn the poverty level generally have a roof over their head, food and a car. You just cant seem to handle that.
When you cannot affors

Poverty 'CLASS'? That has nothing to do with the federal poverty level in terms of $'s. People in the USA at the poverty level arent necessarily dirt poor, without basic needs etc.

Then the federal Gov.'s poverty level figure must be wrong, or more likely you are wrong!

The federal poverty level is the same for all states and used to determine social services available even at the state level.