Sad day for America

Page 15 of 16
Actually if you do a search you will discover that the Chinese GDP is less than half that of the US and well below Japan by 25%.

I did, and they are growing at 9% a year were even if you are an optimist, US is stagnent. At this rate, it will be less than 10 years and China will be the #1 by monitary exchange terms.
But in reality, since the yan isn't hayper inflated like the USD is, they are already past the US. Their middle class _workforce_ is as large as Canada, US and Mexico combined has people.
They can certainly now out manufacture the US.
On 22/03/2010 10:41 AM, Mike Hunter wrote:

--
--------------
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.
Canuck57 wrote:

China is proof that free markets don't require freedom. Either you're kidding, or you have no idea what a brutal dictatorship Communist China really is.

In no ways have they already done that, and even when they become the largest economy, in about 10-20 years, the average Chinese will be much less affluent than the average American. Also despite the US having only 1/5 as many people, we're still the third largest nation in the world, our population isn't shrinking (thanks to immigrants), we have 15-17 of the best 20 universities, and it's easier to raise capital for new businesses here than about anywhere else.

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:35:33 -0700 (PDT), "larry moe 'n curly"

He's just a wacko with a motor mouth. China's economy has much central control on manufacturing and currency. To whiners the grass is always greener. Even in a hell hole like commie China. Reminds me of Lee Harvey Oswald going to his beloved USSR and being a loser there too, then come crawling back to the U.S.A.
--Vic
Or Michel Moore and Sean Penn, two millionaire air heads, that like Dictators. If they lived in Cuba or Argentina they would be digging ditches

Mike Hunter wrote:

It's amazing that even self-made rich guys can be absolute idiots with crazy beliefs.
I didn't know Argentina was still a dictatorship that would force its critics into hard labor. I thought it's authoritarian junta was kicked out of power after Britain kicked Argentina out of the Falkland Islands, over 25 years ago.
Your are correct I should have said Venezuela

You might have pointed our that the top ten hospitals the world are right here in the US, but we can be sure that will change if the Supreme Court does not overtone that new so called healthcare bill

Mike Hunter wrote:

Our hospitals are great; it's our private health insurance system that's bad.
larry moe 'n curly wrote:
<...>

Close. The problem is that we don't have a private health insurance system. We have a bunch of companies out to make a buck.

That is what companies are supposed to do. They should still have some morals though, but they cannot offer free coverage.
On 22/03/2010 5:51 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Liberal leftist losers want winners and producers to pay for it. Will they be disappointed at this bill.
It will seperate health care for upper-middle class up, and the rest can get rationed sub standard Obama care. Hell, a goo doctor making say $200/hr isn't going to go to Obama Care for $30/hr, no way. Obama Care will bring in under qualified from India and Africa. Will be a two teir system.
--
--------------
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.
larry moe 'n curly wrote:

Then we should fix them. What just got voted in the House yesterday is the equivalent of putting a tourniquet on your arm when you have a broken leg, with the result that you still have a broken leg, and now you also need your arm amputated.
--
Bill Putney
Bill Putney wrote:

So why does the bill pretty much give private insurers everything they asked for? The industry said it would cover everybody if everybody was required to be covered, and that's about what the Obama is going to sign into law.
larry moe 'n curly wrote:

But it doesn't increase competition. Let's talk in about 5 or 10 years and see how that Obama thing is working for you (and everybody else).
--
Bill Putney

You seem to quite proud of that analogy, since you keep repeating it. How about explaining the relevance.
Dave wrote:

Yes - it's a pretty good analogy. I wouldn't think it would need to be explained, should be pretty obvious. But here it is: The action that was taken does not fix the problem (in my analogy - the leg is broken, but the "cure" does not fix the problem), *and* the action that was taken creates new problems that are even worse than the original problem that it was *claimed* was being "fixed" (what was previously a perfectly good arm has to now be amputated due to the action that was taken). So now, you are stuck with the original problem *and* a new, even worse, possibly irreversible, problem.
That had to be explained? I mean - you recognized that it was an analogy. Yet you could not make the connections (and I have a sneaky feeling that will be the case, or at least will be pretended to be the case). If so, then there is no use in me explaining it further.
The best I can do is to tell you to wait a few years if this is not overturned. At that time, the meaning will be obvious to you by then.
--
Bill Putney

Obviously, with enough imagination you could connect that analogy to almost anything. You are proof of that.
Dave wrote:

Keep thinking about it - it will come to you. The concepts are pretty simple and obvious. I typed it real slow, but I don't know if that helped you or not. Like I say, if you can't grasp it, wait a few years, and the meaning will be obvious to you. I have trouble believing you are as slow as I think you are pretending to be.
In either case (i.e., (1) you really are that dumb, or (2) are just pretending to be), it's not worth my time explaining further. Somehow I think you get it. Bye.
--
Bill Putney

Does that mean you're done? Good...