Wow! How about that new Genesis!

How did you get so old without learning anything? Al Gore...what a joke. If you believe anything that spews from his mouth, I'll sell you a F150 long bed that gets 100 MPG.

Reply to
Rob

I've been to Europe many times also and lived there for more than 4 months a couple of decades ago. Everything in Europe is smaller, refrigerators were not much larger than my college dorm fridge and most other appliances were similarly smaller. You don't need a large truck to carry small stuff, I agree. However, many in the UK had to visit the grocery store multiple times a week to get what they needed as they could fit only so much in their refrigerators and small kitchens. This isn't a problem when the store is 1 km distant, but I live 5 miles from the nearest convenience store and 15 from the nearest real supermarket. So, getting a jug of milk requires a 10 mile drive. I could buy an 8 cu ft fridge and drive to the store every other day, but I think it more efficient to load my fridge once a week and save the driving. However, this does require larger trucks to deliver such appliances, but I believe the trade-off is in my favor.

Energy consumption is a complex system and often the "obviously" smart choice is actually the wrong choice when the total system is evaluated.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

And just what size vehicles do you propose to outlaw? Lemme guess, anything larger than what YOU drive, right?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Let me understand this, Matt. You couldn't get a week's worth of groceries in a small car?????? Bad comparison. Sorry. They don't have small cars in Europe because they have small refrigerators and don't need to haul a lot of groceries. You certainly are smart enough to not buy a large truck just to pick up a large appliance. If you are any good at negotiating, you can get it delivered as part of the purchase.

Reply to
631grant

You really need to work on your reading comprehension. SOMEBODY needs a large truck to deliver a 22 cu ft refrigerator, a freezer, a washer and dryer, etc. Just because somebody else has to buy the truck doesn't change the fallacy of your argument against large trucks.

I also plow my own driveway (it is 1700' feet long), haul my own firewood, etc. This doesn't work well with a small car...

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

And why did I lose credibility, Rob. Just because you didn't watch it either? Sometimes the facts are hard to accept, I know.

Reply to
631grant

Well, let me guess. You didn't watch it either................. What a sad lot.

Reply to
631grant

Yes, but that truck is a diesel used exclusively to deliver product to multiple locations making it efficient to operate. It isn't used to haul the wife to the mall or the kids to a soccer game or all the other wasteful trips that the truck takes during its lifetime. Plowing a driveway is a legitimate use but with a year's worth of fuel difference between the 17 mpg truck and a 32 mpg car, you could hire someone to plow it. Also, I use a 4 wheeler trailer to haul my firewood so I only have to pull the trailer a few times a year and not haul the weight of the truck the rest of the year. That's something else you see in Europe. They have a lot of trailer hitches for just such occasions.

My reading comprehension is quite good but it just makes me sick to read your drivel.......

Reply to
631grant

The above post is on-topic and coherent. It does not contain any political rants or personal invective.

I demand the moderators blacklist this poster immediately as unsuitable for this group.

Reply to
Plague Boy

Should the Gov. regulate food? Some people eat A LOT!! How about electricity? medicine? Perhaps the size of your home or the amount of land you own. Who needs a 1700' driveway, that is a tremendous waste of a natural resource. (land) We all know Bill Gates has no right to consume all of that money. I guess you know better than us common idiot folk. Good thing we have your kind looking out for us. Produce a small vehicle that people like and it'll sell.

Reply to
Rob

PB-

I'm sorry I'm just an eco-hugging,gas guzzling,diesel spewing,whale loving, snail darter killing, liberal,conservative,democratic,republican independent that thought this newsgroup was about people interested in Hyundais. I'll go back to my 200 room house that has wind power and solar heating and watch my big screen tv and quietly monitor the various points of view being expressed while sitting in my boxers cuz the thermostats cranked up to 80 degrees (I set it back since it's dark out now). I will try to be totally off topic from now on.

Plague Boy wrote:

Reply to
jp103

Rev.,

I agree....on my 3rd Hyundai!

When I have more time, I'll read the MANY threads to the original post.

Steve

Reply to
Steve R.

And it is better that someone else plow my driveway with their 17 MPG truck rather than me plow it with my 18 MPG truck? Sorry, but that logic isn't logical.

If you think what I wrote is drivel, then that confirms your lack of reading comprehension.

You are just too easy and just can't help yourself from responding to everything I write.

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Naw, don't care none bout no Hyundais. Don't even know where 't hell Hyundai is. Prob'ly bunch 'o turbo heads anyways. Fox News'l have maps iffen we haveta invade to liberate them and there o-i-l.

Google fer my recipe for Spotted Owl stuffed with Snail Darters Smoked over Old Growth Redwood.

Reply to
Plague Boy

There ya go Hank!!!

I was wondering the same thing!!!

Although, this thread has had me in stitches while on a layover in Denver back to Vegas...

Reply to
Steve R.

Lost me too.

No, I did not and will not see Gore's film. Considering his lifestyle and how he wants the rest of us to live, he is just a blowhard politician hypocrite. He has zero respect and credibility with me. When he moves into a 2 bedroom ranch home, give me a call and we'll talk.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hey Steve whats up ? Hey just checked out yours craigslist advertizement just got one question, what the hell are desert-watercraft toys ??? you forget I live in the desert too and the only water we have comes ouuta the bubblers for the plants................ not hardly anywheres big enough for watercraft

Hank

Reply to
Hank

Hi Edwin,

See, people here accused me of wanting them to 'lower' themselves to my ideals and lifestyle and blasted me royally for it. Now you say that you don't want anything to do with Gore until he lowers himself to our lifestyle............. I said 'our lifestyle' because I suspect I am in the same lifestyle as you and everyone else here. I don't love the man either but I watched the movie and he sure makes some good points backed up with scientific data that is very hard to dispute. You owe it to yourself to at least watch it. It's almost like the Harry Potter fiasco when it was first introduced. All the religious people were up in arms about its story line and forbid their children to see the movies but they had never seen them to pass judgment on them.

Reply to
631grant

Would you like some links to data that disputes it? There are thousands of scientists who dispute man made global warming. Did you know in previous "global warmings" that co2 levels did not increase, yet Al tells you that co2 output is the main problem. You owe it to yourself to become a little educated.

Hell, I got hundreds. Gore is a political hack who wants YOU to believe his crap so you'll buy "Carbon Credits" (LOL) from HIS company.

You owe it to yourself to at

Reply to
Rob

I'm not asking anyone to "lower" themself. Material goods, be it a huge house, big cars, or fancy computer does not have anything to do with the character of an individual. I think I'm moraly superior to someone that preaches one thing but actually acts in a different manner.

I don't love the man either

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski