Wow! How about that new Genesis!

Page 3 of 5  


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
And why did I lose credibility, Rob. Just because you didn't watch it either? Sometimes the facts are hard to accept, I know.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Lost me too.
No, I did not and will not see Gore's film. Considering his lifestyle and how he wants the rest of us to live, he is just a blowhard politician hypocrite. He has zero respect and credibility with me. When he moves into a 2 bedroom ranch home, give me a call and we'll talk.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Hi Edwin,
See, people here accused me of wanting them to 'lower' themselves to my ideals and lifestyle and blasted me royally for it. Now you say that you don't want anything to do with Gore until he lowers himself to our lifestyle............. I said 'our lifestyle' because I suspect I am in the same lifestyle as you and everyone else here. I don't love the man either but I watched the movie and he sure makes some good points backed up with scientific data that is very hard to dispute. You owe it to yourself to at least watch it. It's almost like the Harry Potter fiasco when it was first introduced. All the religious people were up in arms about its story line and forbid their children to see the movies but they had never seen them to pass judgment on them.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Rob, Thank you so much for attaching all the links for me to become more educated. Clearly you used Google to its best advantage. If YOU want to become more educated about BOTH sides of the argument, then, by all means, watch Gore's movie. Surely seeing BOTH sides of an argument is much better than taking someone else's opinion of what was presented. Oh, in the second link you sent, it describes 'one' scientist's controversial opinion while also saying 'Earth is currently experiencing rapid warming, which the vast majority of climate scientists says is due to humans pumping huge amounts of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere." Make sure you see the 'vast majority' versus the 'one'. How could you offer that up as an argument??????

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
One last one for me Rob. News flash. I'm not in any way shape or form a liberal! I am a staunch conservative. I want to conserve out natural resources for my grand kids. I want every alien out of this country. I want every welfare recipient to work for his/her money. I don't want anyone to be given a free ride on my 'buck'. Thanks for the link.
Tom

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I hit the send button before I was finished.

I'm not asking anyone to "lower" themselves. Material goods, be it a huge house, big cars, or fancy computer does not have anything to do with the character of an individual. I think I'm morally superior to someone that preaches one thing but actually acts in a different manner.
Gore wants us to reduce our carbon footprint, yet he maintains a house that is far beyond what sensible people need to live in, uses a privet jet to get around an justifies it because he makes donation for carbon credits. Sort of like buying yourself into heaven. http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/28/AR2007022801823.html http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/02/28/an-inconveniently-easy-headline-gores-electric-bills-spark-debate /

By spending my money to see what he as done enriches him and gives him personal credibility. I'm not going to do that, be him right or wrong.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
> GUEST wrote: > Just saw a commercial during the Super Bowl for the Hyundai Genesis! > Too bad i can't afford to buy one, so i have to settle for the Sonata, > but that Genesis is a beauty!! Hyundai has come a long long long > way!!!
I realize this is not a political forum but it has drifted that way and I have to comment. Ronald Reagan was a great politician even if he was senile and his little sound bites were cute. But he was a terrible president for the long term good of the country. He added four trillion dollars to the national debt for our chuildren to pay back. And it was not necessary because the Russians would have gone broke soon without his escalation of the cold war.
It just goes to show how shortsighted the American people are and they are not very good at cause and effect.
I've been watching Presidents since 1952 and was in the military during the Vietnam war and Bush is the worst president yet with Johnson second worst.
Matt: Be sure to check for spelling and gramatical errors since it will prove that I am not really an engineer. Do not look at content.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I would say that honor goes to Carter.
He added four trillion dollars to the national debt for

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
southluke wrote:

I would look at content if only there were some content.
Matt
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
20:55:27) about "Re: Wow! How about that new Genesis!":
EP> Lost me too.
EP> No, I did not and will not see Gore's film. Considering his lifestyle EP> and how he wants the rest of us to live, he is just a blowhard EP> politician hypocrite. He has zero respect and credibility with me. EP> When he moves into a 2 bedroom ranch home, give me a call and we'll EP> talk.
Guess those numbskulls who gave him the Nobel Prize are a bunch of idiots who should have known better and consulted us learned folks on a Hyundai NNTP newsgroup - us who initially started off discussing a nice car before flying off at a tangent arguing about redneck philosophy, global warming, politics, and what not.
I move that we detour yet again and weave religion into the mix, and while there discuss abortion.
:-D
Best Regards
=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.3
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

We agree on that
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Wayne Moses wrote:

Yes, the recent history of Nobel prize selections raises many questions about the committee and its selection process.
Matt
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
(Wed, 06 Feb 2008

You think there's some bias and politics involved? ; )
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
DonC wrote:

No, that couldn't happen ... could it? :-)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

uses it frequently while flying around on his private jet.
********* http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandIDx9610
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I live in canuck-ville where gas cost a lot more and drive a sanata fe, i will not trade it in for a accent to save a few bucks on gas... I would love a diesel Santa fe, but do not think we will see one anytime soon. I see too many compact cars smashed to pieces when they are involved in an accident. I prefer to keep my family safe in a suv.
my 0.02 c Finn
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.