Clutch adjustment?

Mates, Is it possible to adjust the clutch on a '94 YJ? It has 80,000 miles on it and the clutch just is not as crisp as it once was and sometimes it is difficult to shift from first to second and second into first. I've had vehicles in the past that had simple adjustments that could be made at the pedal of just inside the firewall, but I can find no such devices on the YJ. Thanks in advance. H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin

Unfortunately none, it is a hydraulic self adjusting one.

A weak or torn engine mount or tranny mount can cause your symptoms by allowing the tranny to shift over a bit.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > Mates,
Reply to
Mike Romain

You have a hydraulic clutch in that YJ. About all you can do is bleed the line. You may have a leaking cylinder - check it by flooring the clutch and see if the clutch slowly engages as you hold it down. If not, you are probably due for a clutch job - clutch disk and likely a new pressure plate. Might as well replace the throw out bearing in the process since you will have the transmission out. If it's a leaking cylinder, you have the external slave so it's a simple external fix to replace the master/slave cylinders.

Reply to
Will Honea