Bodywork Mods - Honest.

I'm looking to do some bodywork mods to my ugly little kit car. For obvious reasons - it's err ugly.

I've always thought that the front end shape was a bit sudden the way it chops off without warning.

So, a friend of mine who is better at photoshop than me - that would be easy - has interpreted my ideas and come up with a design. Any thoughts are most welcome - I'll probably ignore them - but this is a car modifications group after all. Even better, if you're good at photoshopping things, feel free to have a go.

P.S. Ignore the big fat guy in the drivers seat...

Existing

Proposed
I have thought about how I will do the mods and it doesn't scare me at all.

Let the abuse commence.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

It looks muchly better in the new photo. Although, you wanna take this with a pinch of salt because I also thought the wheels needed to be bigger :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Much better in the second pic. Go for it!

Reply to
Abo

Looks 100% better, but TBH I don't think it's as cosmetically-challenged as you make out, or is that just me.. :)

Reply to
Tony Bond

*Massive* improvement. Much ,much better. In addition, blend the wheel arch flared bits into the main body a bit more and you've got a tasty little motor.

JB

Reply to
JB

Forgot to say - all credit to the photographer. You know who you are ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Would you like a pic of it from the front to help you along ?......

Seriously, much as I love it, it doesn't photograph at all well from the front. I love it from every other angle. Especially the quattro inspired arches. Just graft a Tamora inspired front end on and we're good.

Bob Sherunckle

yeah looks a bit pinched in the middle maybe fatten that out but looks good not a fan of the yellow mind

Reply to
Vamp

Apparently the 'wasted' middle is a good thing - aerodynamically. Like that would make a difference. The yellow I would happily lose as well. To be replaced with a colour called Ecurie Ecosse blue. I'll let you google that.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

google? what no lazy link bastard!

anyway googled it not bad better than the yellow anyways me thinks

Reply to
Vamp

You're looking at a hell of a lot of work to do that even vaguely well. It's not going to be too bad though, because it's a race car so you won't have to be blocking it for weeks on end. Get a DA, an interface pad and various grades of paper for it...

Reply to
Doki

I don't think you have have a rounded nose and a square arse, it just does not flow.

If your Striker is anything like the Bulldog I built a few years ago and the main tub is a monocoque then you are in for a hell of a lot of work to make the nose round.

For my .02p I would spray it black and be done with it.

Reply to
Geoff

How is that bloke managing to look so miserable?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

1) It's not a Striker :-) 2) The main tub isn't a monocoque. :-))

The whole front section is a once piece moulding and the mods start where the old front end finishes - it's an add on. Other than that, hack out the existing light pods and glass over. I do take you point about square versus rounded though. I'll think on it.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle