FS: PSA 2.0 Turbo petrol engine/box

All,

I'm just in the throes of breaking a '95 Cit XM, and have the Turbo CT engine and box sat on the workshop floor looking like it needs a good home

- I'm sure one of you little hooligans could find a use for it...

It's based on the same motor as the standard PSA 2.0 lump (XU? TU? Whatever...), as used in virtually everything from the 80s and 90s - 306s,

406s, Xants, ZXs, Xsaras. PSA themselves dropped it into the Xant and 406, so it'll certainly fit smaller than the XM.

It's 120k miles, but runs sweet as a nut - fast, quiet (except for the exh manifold gasket, a common problem, and a bastard to fix in situ, but about a tenner with the engine out), smooth. The 5-spd manual box is good, if not quick.

As standard, it's 150bhp and 173lb/ft of torque, but the nice thing about this lump is the way the torque's developed - the boost is regulated to give an absolutely flat torque curve from about 2,000rpm to about 4,500 or more.

It's sat between High Wycombe and Aylesbury, and comes with the full engine loom, Bosch Motronic ECU and sensors - all the multiplugs have been disconnected not unplugged. All the major pipework's there, but for one or two smaller hoses and coolant hoses that were snipped (I'd like to have a word with the "production engineer" that specced those cheapo crimp clamps). The intercooler's still in the car - I was planning on leaving it, but could pull it before the car goes on Mon/Tue.

Anybody interested?

Drop me an email to adrian at achapman dot freeisp dot co dot uk if you are. I'm not looking for silly money for it.

Ta.

Reply to
Adrian

Paging Dan405.... looks like a nice little project for you ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Fighting the temptation....

Reply to
Dan405

Dan405 ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You don't want to fight it... It makes *perfect* sense....

Reply to
Adrian

I'll give you £100 if you fit it for me as well :)

Reply to
Dan405

"Dan405" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I'm sure I could fit it into the boot of your 405....

Reply to
Adrian

Rear engined and RWD, even better!

Dan, engine changes are piece of piss as long as you can borrow a crane. Do it, do it now!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It is a tempting idea.. even just changing the manifolds & fitting the turbo might be an interesting project.. wonder what would happen to my 305 if I did that? I've thought about getting one of these engines in the past, the only problem I see (and what's stopped me really) is that it's one of the cast iron blocks rather than the alloy one I currently have - and subsequently heavier. I don't think this is so much of a problem on the 405, since both the alloy and cast iron versions were fitted into that car, but for my car it's a heavy lump to stick in what is already a very front-heavy car - I'm worried it might mess up the balance a bit, not to mention I'd need to uprate the suspension & brakes. Still, it's a nice alternative to the 'usual' Mi16 conversion route ;)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B