To Clarify (regarding post about the value of a 63 rag)

Can't find the thread, starting a new one.

When I said it's "just a bug" in the thread about the 63 I did not mean that in the way that the general public, or collectors would state it. I think some bugs have just as much collector value as a thunderbird or belair. I mean hello how many do I have now?

I just meant that I think it's absurd that someone can justify a high price for a car that is going to need paint, mechanics, and interior. I think it's great it's rust free, that gets you so ahead of the game and it's even a bonus being a ragtop. However I'm not sure no matter what state you are in if a collector car in such condition is worth such a high value. I guess someone could jump in here and argue that being from the west coast I don't know what rust is and on the east coast you can justify adding a couple thousand on to a price. But I will remind you that I live in the "wet" coast and I know what the definition of rot is.

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn" 58 Panel Van "Selah"
Reply to
BugBum

in my area of virginia....rusted outand wrecked supers aree going for

2000+....a 63 like the one described in that thread would be 4-5k....any day of the week...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Reply to
Braukuche

Hi.Just an aside re: the prices of 21 and 23 windows on Samba ect.Is it only me or do the red-white ones command much more than any other color combination?Steve

Reply to
Ilambert