92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

"Imants" wrote in news:Xdvie.1395305$6l.1133181@pd7tw2no:

About $800 or so Canadian, or about $650 US. Will go up or down depending where you live. Dealer will be approx 50% more.

Pretty involved. Best to allow two or three days if it's your first time, and have alternate transporetation to the store and work when you need stuff or if you break something.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

MooCow wrote in news:d6dmtf$8ll$ snipped-for-privacy@luna.vcn.bc.ca:

The engine number is stamped into a plate on the front of the engine. The transmission number is on a similar plate on the bellhousing.

"Acura" does not actually exist as a manufacturer. It is a division of Honda. Your car is a dressed-up Civic, as is my Integra.

Franchised Acura dealers in Canada have an agreement with Honda Canada Inc. that they will not compete with Honda franchised dealers.

A Honda dealer *will* happily work on your car, but will not necessarily have the parts to fix it. They would have to order any parts specific to your car directly from an Acura dealer, as though they were an independent garage. Such things as oil filters are common all across Honda's make and model range, so they are no problem.

The problem with the EL is that it's Canada-only, so the market was teeny- tiny and information is scarce. Your dealer will have the workshop manuals, which will contain all that information in the front of it under General Info (if the manual is still laid out like mine). If you're nice to the parts guy, he can look it up for you.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

You must have had a bad dealer and you are blaming Chrysler for bad local service. I've seen lots of LeBaron's over the years and none had duct tape holding up the windows. Many are still on the road.

Reply to
Art

That was 1986. You DO realize that was 20 years ago, don't you? How many parts do you think an 86 LeBaron shares with a 2005 300C? And aside from that I see a lot of 1986 LeBarons are still on the road (power window problems notwithstanding). More than I see 1986 Honda products, in fact.

Your loss, not mine. If you want to live 20 years in the past, be my guest.

I think the 300C will ride and feel the same TEN years and 240,000 miles from now, if my wife's 1993 Chrysler product is any example.

Reply to
Steve

I have a 1990 acura legend 2 dr 2.7l. I just put in a used trans and the car runs terrible. While in drive the car will shift out of gear and goes into what seems to be neut. I shut off the car and it seems to be ok again. I took it to a couple tran shops and no one can tell me anything. The advice I got was to change the neutral switch. ? I also heard that it might be the ecu. ? Could it be a solenoid? On the insturment panel the d for drive does not light up, and s3 keeps blinking which leads me to believe that it is something electical. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Reply to
suemoma

<djmcreynolds1

Anyone know when the 2006 MDX comes out? I'm looking to lease a new MDX. Are there any changes expected for 2006? Should I bother to wait? or just go for a leftover '05??

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
John

Hey all,

I am replacing the radio in my dad's '89 Legend Sedan with a newer radio. I was wondering how do I retain the controls for volume, and function button that are located behind the steering wheel, just below the hazard and dimmer knobs on the instrument cluster section of the dash. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Brian

Hi everyone. I am in Canada, and I am in the market for a 05 TL with Navigation 5 AT. The dealer quoted me $44000 including delivery/PDI (the sticker price is $45,500). Taxes are on top of that of course. Is this price good? or they're taking me a ride? Your help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

I've never used one but a kit like

might be what you are looking for.

Reply to
Jafir Elkurd

Given that delivery/PDI is $1200, I'd say they haven't moved much. If you pay that price, I'd at least look for them to throw in the floor mats, trunk tray, locking lug nuts, and touch-up paint - of course, that's what I'd want, your list would be different no doubt. MZ

Reply to
MZ

Thank you for your response. You are right about the $1200 delivery/PDI. I think the floor mats are included as standard equipment. I really wanted to know the dealer's invoice, that way I know what number games they're playing. I wonder what others paid for the exact car?

suemoma

In 2000 I got the dealer invoice price and reasonable mark up price from Consumer Reports (online version). There was a $10 charge for it back then. It's $12 now (bottom of the page from the link below). The Acura dealers were playing pretty tough when I bought a 2001CL-S. It was the first year of the redesign CL and was only out for a few months. I got them to come down but not much.

I did much better on my '91 Accord, also with CR but hard copy, a buying it at the later in the year, I think October.

"Buying a new car: 5 steps to getting the best price"

Good luck and I hope you get what you want for a reasonable price.

Reply to
NomoreRGS

No scanner should be needed. Turn the ingnition switch on (but don't start the car). There is an LED on the transmission computer under the passenger's seat. Count the blinks.

Reply to
Jafir Elkurd

Thanks but I already looked at that. The information I am looking for is which wires are connected to the dash mounted volume contron and function button. Thanks.

Reply to
Brian

~$1500 discount? Basically, the dealer is just waiving the freight/PDI, a pretty standard discount, IMO. Depending on the time of year, inventory, availability of colour, the dealer should be able to discount another $1000-$2000.

When I was shopping for a TL last year, I got a quote for a 04 TL w/o Navi from a car broker for just under $40K. Most dealers will match the brokers price.

Reply to
hippo

sPs

The small rectangular plug. You should have four connections on the back of the radio, the big rectangular plug for the power and speakers, a little rectangular plug for the remote, the round din plug for the cd-player, and the antenna plug.

Reply to
Jafir Elkurd

i was wondering if u think its the alternator or the battery. I was driving and everytime i hit the brakes then my radio turned off. Then it wouldnt shift properly(auto) and then got home parked it. woke up in the morning and it started fine and drove fine, then i parked it and it wouldnt start. I left it for a few hours and it started again. I let it run and then i put my windshield wipers and lights on and it cut out, while it was idling. Then i tried to start it and i got a clicking noise.

Reply to
kriberwalker