Best Rated threads in Chrysler Carsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

High Idle 4500 RPM
We have just replaced the distributor in my wife's 1996 Sebring Convertible. Now when we start it up, it goes to 4500 RPM on the idle. I am not sure what our mph speed is at idle, as we have no...
17
17

69 383 Ply Roadrunner Top Speed?
Whats the top speed of a 69 383 rr auto with 3:23 rear end?
23
23

86 new yorker (2.2 turbo): no spark; voltage regulator?
My engine up and died going uphill in stop and go traffic today. (not fun) I'm wondering what the problem may be and what to look for. Symptoms: Car electronics work alright; starter cranks and such...
10
10

Dodge Stratus: Battery Light ON!
96 Dodge Stratus 2.4L. Battery light comes on every odd trip, perhaps every 2nd or 3rd time we take the car out. The dealer was made aware of the problem a few weeks ago and replaced the drive belts -...
3
3

Trip Odometer Resets Itself
if you had a overhead console it would also get it's info from the bcm and it might have been a clue to a pci bus issue or something out Soars with Turkeys wrote:
7
7

98 Dodge Stratus - Leaking Head Gasket, Worth Fixing?
I have a 98 Dodge Stratus, with the 2.4 DOHC engine. It has about 73K miles on it. I've been told by the dealer that my head gasket is leaking. The estimate for repair is $700 - $1000. Is it worth...
13
13

PT Cruiser - "Ticking" sound heard at over 30 mph
I'm a recent addition to the PT Cruiser club, having finally purchased one after wanting one for a good six years. (Long story.) I bought a 2006 model from Budget Car Sales just a few days ago, so...
7
7

2005 Town & Country with "clunking" front end over bumps
Seems like a shock problem. There is a "clunking" sound in the frond end coming from the wheel area. It is noticeable on small bumps in the road and usually less on bigger bumps. I assume the shocks...
19
19

Wire color abbeviations
I have a 2001 Grand Caravan and I did buy a factory service manual but have not been able to find the wire color abbreviations that are used. Does anyone have the location of the wire color...
11
11

transistorized voltage regulator?
Please bear with me for a moment as I talke about non-MoPars... I have a '62 Studebaker that came stock from the factory with an Autolite generator. I'd like to convert to an alternator as I've been...
15
15

C-body leaf spring replacement
Is the leaf spring length for C-bodies the same as for other RWD applications? I have '70 Newport with original 2.5" 6-leaf springs. The are tired, and I would like new 7-leaf springs. Finding the...
2
2

Code 905
Hi since messing with various electrics in order to fix a starting problem (thanks again for all the previous replies with regards that issue) I now have an error 905 on the dashboard diagnostics...
3
3

1994 Plymouth Sundance 2.2L - runs poor when engine cold
Hello! I have a 1994 Sundance with the 2.2L engine and I am having a lot of trouble with it when the engine is cold (first thing in the morning) It has only been happening recently, but I am not 100%...
5
5

radiator drain plug location Chrysler Sebring (2006) 2.7 engine
I need to find the drain plug on a 2006 Chrysler Sebring convertible
1
1

Did I hear a chime in my '01 PT Cruiser?
At least two times recently, I thought I heard a chime ringing in my Cruiser when I started it. Not the little bell you hear all the time, but a chime like you'd hear on a better clock with an...
7
7

1988 Plymouth Reliant station wagon fuel pump failure
Hello all... I recently traded a 1990 Chevy Lumina for a 1988 Plymouth Reliant wagon with the 2.5L four cylinder engine. (As far as I'm concerned, it was a good trade. The Lumina needed a starter and...
3
3

3.3L. Intermittent, brief stall
I have a 1993 Voyager with a 3.3L engine. 102,000 miles. Sometimes on acceleration, it will stall very briefly, and then continue acceleration. One shop suggested an intermittent coil pack. I pulled...
11
11

voyager 3rd gear problems
hi all hope someone can help !!!!! just recently my 3.3le auto voyager started acting strange it would pull away normally go from 1st gear to 2nd fine, then when going from 2nd to 3rd it would rev...
9
9

PT AC Question
Ok- Question- 2003 PT, 2.6L engine. Automatic. When the car is sitting still, while running with AC - When AC Compressor kicks in, it vibrates the car, even to the point it almost shuts off. I've...
3
3

Fix for peeling clear coat on 10-year old-minivan?
My 98 Plymouth Voyager is starting to lose the clear coat finish in places. My garage guy - who I trust - says that he knows no fix short of a repainting. That's not gonna happen! Is there some kind...
4
4