Key will not turn in ignition

I have a 98 Plymouth Breeze and have recently found the key will not turn in the ignition. I have tried wiggling and jiggling the steering column but to no avail. The wheel is locked.

All I need to do is get it started so I can take the car to the dealer which is approximately 60 kms away.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Jim.

Reply to
Jim

With a small hammer or something like that tap on the key as you are trying to make it go further into the cyl and turn it at the same time to see if it turns. If so have the cylinder replaced with new tumblers.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

a lock smith is cheaper than the dealer and might even come to your place

maxpower wrote:

Reply to
philthy