P6 value?

fashion,

No he is not.

So what do you call the pillar that the front catch plate fits to when the rear (or side loading) door is not immediately behind the front catch pillar and is thus another pillar / post?

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

:::Jerry:::: ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

A wide B pillar.

Have you noticed that it's you v the world again, Jerry?

Reply to
Adrian

I have also noticed that the world is full of ignorant f*ckwits who choose to believe popular 'folk-law' rather than the (almost) universal terminology used in the automotive industry...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

:::Jerry:::: ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That'll be "folklore", Jerry...

Go and ask the majority of people working in the automative industry.

As - IIRC - PeteM does. Conor likes to boast of his ApprovedSpannerMonkey certificate, too.

Reply to
Adrian

like they

When one starts loosing the argument, rather than accept that one is an ignorant idiot, resort to trolling about spelling mistakes...

automotive

industry.

I do talk to people who work in the crash repair side if the industry, on a daily bases, I work in the crash repair side of the automative industry!...

Yes, they may well be apprentice grease monkeys, and they might well know their combination spanners from their crow-foot spanners, but that doesn't mean that they are any more informed about body panels than you are - not a very...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

...yeah in the contribution department.

ROFLMAO...I was an apprentice nearly 20 years ago. My mate has been a panel beater for over a decade.

Reply to
Conor

Conor ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Apparently. Jerry says so.

Reply to
Adrian

industry.

Scroll down until to come to a image of the side panels of the SD1, look for item #6 (this is the disputed post / panel), now scroll a bit further until you come to the text description of item #6, note the official (BL / Rover) name for the said panel.

Lets look at what it says for part # BLP72, the RH post / panel; [mind any line wrap on the following URL]

Part Number BLP72 Description RH."BC" POST ASSY. Retail Price £29.38 inc. VAT (£25.00 exc. VAT) Exchange/Surcharge None

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

:::Jerry:::: ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Far be it from me to suggest that one may wish to have at least a vague clue as to what the word IS that one is trying to use - unless, of course, one wishes to reveal oneself to the accusation of being an ignorant f****it (note spelling, Jerry) trying to look clever by using big words...

And why the quotes? It's a perfectly valid word.

Is the crash repair business the "majority of the automotive industry"? Not IME.

That'll be *of* the industry, on a daily *basis*

Reply to
Adrian

:::Jerry:::: ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like :::they were saying :

OK, so Rover use it in that context - and, since we're talking about a P6, that's appropriate.

However...

As I said - the accepted use of "C pillar" is the pillar behind the rear door. And the D pillar would be the pillar behind the rear body side window.

Reply to
Adrian

Well you still have some catching up to do, and your mate in nothing but a mere kid in nappies...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Not to mention *automotive*.

Reply to
SteveH

like

about a P6,

side

What does that prove?...

First rule of research, never believe anything found on the internet...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Shurrup. I was trying to avoid that one - it was my typo that Jerry picked up on. He got it right first time.

Reply to
Adrian

:::Jerry:::: ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Fine.

I won't believe you. Not that there was ever any chance of it.

Reply to
Adrian

like they

Fine, remain ignorant, see if I care!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

It's not as I agree with him and I've got it in print.

It date backs to the early days of coach building where front and rear doors didn't share a pillar.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In news:4463a7df$0$51839$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net, :::Jerry:::: waffled on in a semi-interesting fashion, it went something like this;

I used to own a body repair centre, but I doubt that fits your argument very well.

Reply to
Pete M

fashion,

panels

argument very

Your point being what, other than to show how ignorant you are...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I don't want to hijack this thread by starting a debate, but having driven both a P6 and an A40, I think the Austin has a slight edge in the handbrake department. The P6 is better than most other classics though.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren