P6 value?

like they

I see that you are reduced to cheap snips and snipes, obviously you have no reply to the points I raised about side loading doors?....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

So, how much is the Rover worth, then?

Reply to
Simon H

In news:4464cba4$0$16391$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net, :::Jerry:::: waffled on in a semi-interesting fashion, it went something like this;

The front catch on a side loading door is on the same post as the catch on the front doors, just the other side of it.. The rear catch on a SLD is on the side panel, not a pillar / post.

Reply to
Pete M

I'm reminded of Jonathan Swift, and _Gulliver's Travels_

Are you big endians or a little endians? Oh, jeez. It's 1726 all over again.

"my principal Design was to Inform, and not to amuse thee." The Travels (IV:12).

Good night.

Reply to
Dean Dark

I have just looked in the Triumph 2000 MkII Spare Parts Catalogue. It lists: Part 903322 PANEL, closing 'BC' post R.H Part 903321 PANEL, closing 'BC' post L.H

The post with the striker plate for the rear doors is a PANEL, closing 'D' post.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Jim Warren ( snipped-for-privacy@OMITblueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yes, yes, yes... We've already established that Triumph and Rover - BLMC - are a bit out of kilter with the rest of the industry in that respect.

Any other manufacturers?

Citroen just refer to the one between the doors as "Centre Pillar", and the one behind the rear doors as "Rear Pillar" - the one either side of the tailgate is part of the "Upper rear unit", above the window line and part of the inner wings below it.

Reply to
Adrian

fashion,

wrote

news:SrY8g.128621$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

news:446437da$0$11186$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net,

That just goes to show that you are still thinking in terms of panel pressings and not the 'structure' - there is still a B pillar and a C pillar, they are just even further apart now...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

fashion,

And you must be Stevie Wonder then! They might well be on a shared outer pressing but they are not the same pillar.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Err, are you sure? Anyone got say a Ford or Vauxhall genuine workshop manual from the '60s or '70s?

BMC, Rover and Triumph *were* the industry once in terms of cars made in the UK.

It could well be the usage has changed over the years due to say US influence or whatever.

However, I'm in no doubt that A, B-C and D posts was the standard at one time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh right, so the rear catch is on the outside of the van!

You really are a clueless wanker, the mounting point forms a pillar moron, that is why there is strengthening in the area, I though you said that you used to repair vehicle bodies - stop believing all you read in that 'Ladybird book of cars' that you have borrowed from your local library!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

So in fact youi ARE the receptionist because you've actually not told us your job.

So are shitloads working in dodgy "Dagenham Dave" garages.

ROFLMAO...yeah OK.

Reply to
Conor

Says Jerry the "expert" who thinks that Mazda RX7's have rear doors....

Reply to
Conor

Hey Jerry, how many doors on a Mazda RX7?

Reply to
Conor

Rover - BLMC

workshop

I *suspect* that Nissan also use the same descriptions as the old BLMC group as it was the Austin company who helped rebuild the company that we now know as Nissan after WW2.

What some people are ignorant of, or chose to forget, is that the pillar designation comes from the drawing board and not the pressings, thus the centre pillar pressing often has both the B and C pillar - whilst a rear 1/4 pressing has the D pillar, rear wing / wheel arch and sometimes the E pillar.

Further examples are the front inner wing pressings, these often also form the top of the front chassis leg whilst the boot floor pressing also forms the top of the rear chassis legs.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Yes, you are still the same ignorant grease monkey today as you were yesterday, as you were last year...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

,

doors....

Conor, the mnoron who doesn't know about the RX8....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

,

Never heard of the RX8 Conor, I doubt that you have seen one, let alone worked on one though...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Except I'm not a greasemonkey anymore and haven't been for a good few years now.

Reply to
Conor

Why would I think it was a typo when both exist?

Reply to
Conor

Why would I not know about a car I'd love to own?

Reply to
Conor