P6 value?

like they

But you are, you are attempting to argue the toss even though you have been told that you are wrong, just accept that fact.

So why do you continue to argue?....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Thanks everyone for your help on this. Right, I've had a busy weekend and now know the car rather better. I reckon it's a pretty good 'un. There's some rust forward of the passenger side wheelarch, with a hole in the well (thanks Mark W) that's revealed when the rear seat squab is lifted out. It doesn't look extensive, but I'll know for sure when I remove the outer sill for a look. The other side looks OK. I haven't risked trying the jacking points yet. Suspension mounting points all look perfect. Brakes are excellent and it drives as straight as a die.

There's an oil leak from the front of the diff's extension. The Haynes manual that came with the car is very sketchy about the seal here. I assume there should be one somewhere. There's a fairly loud hum from somewhere in the final drive. Gets louder with speed, but doesn't seem to change as power is put on or off. No clonks. Wheel bearing? Diff dried out? I need to jack the back up to investigate.

Inevitably, I've a mind to keep the damned thing, though will decide for sure once I've seen behind the sill covers. I was going to put my recently acquired P100 pickup on the road for the summer to pull a trailer, but have just had the brainwave of fitting a towbar to the P6 instead. Once MOT'd the pickup should fetch a few hundred on eBay and I'll save 300 or so on tax and insurance, hopefully leaving me enough to buy the Rover. And though it's not a V8, it's still got to make a damned good tow-car.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

I believe you were the first to call someone a liar.

Reply to
Conor

I couldn't see any signs of leakage. The water level was only about an inch below the neck of the rad after a 150 miles drive, so I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

I'm still not sure, but as I've pretty much decided to buy it myself, I think both sides will be happy if we settle on 900 quid.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

,

No, you are accusing me if not telling you what I do in the motor trade, which I have done, so you are calling me a liar.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

No you haven't. You've given a very vague answer which could be anything. I haven't called you a liar, I've suggested what I think you do. And I definitely haven't accused you of wife beating.

You really are quite thick and a bit of a shit aren't you?

Reply to
Conor

,

If all you are doing is suggesting then all I'm doing is suggesting, prove that you don't, just as you seem to expect me to prove what I do and don't do (as I said, about the only thing I don't get involved with is spraying).

No one can prove anything via Usenet, you imply that you are a lorry drive (and there is no reason to doubt that you are), but you can't prove that you are via this newsgroup.

Stop talking about yourself.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

No you didn't. You didn't suggest at all.

Reply to
Conor

,

suggesting,

But I was, otherwise prove that I wasn't, if all you were doing was suggesting that I am a liar, all I was doing was suggesting that you beat your wife.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Except you didn't suggest at all. Your words were "and that you still beat your wife" thus stating something as a fact.

Its up to you. You can apologise or it can get nasty.

Reply to
Conor

FOAD

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

:::Jerry:::: ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And, just as a reminder, that was in reply to

How to win friends and influence people - new edition, updated by Jerry.

Reply to
Adrian

like they

So lets just remember how this sub thread started, you are Conor being proved wrong (that you both don't know the first thing about vehicle body structures) and you both attempting to troll me rather than admit the fact, Conor then goes on to call me a liar which he still has not apologised for.

Remember, anyone can read the context of this thread and will do if required...

The intelligent ones will be swayed by the facts, the ignorant ones will be swayed by those trolling...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I have yet to call you a liar. And that wasn't what annoyed me...it was stating that I was a wife beater.

Still, you've decided your fate.

Reply to
Conor

like they

You are not, what, unable to detect a obvious typo - 'are' instead of 'and'.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

That'll be "losing", Jerry.

Reply to
Steve Firth

"are" "Yes. 99 percent of those who don't work in the vehicle bodywork industry don't know what they are talking about most of the time!"

Count yourself in the 99%.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You are a liar. I'm a liar. Everyone is a liar. Nobody tells the truth

100% of the time.

No you haven't.

No because you are as am I and everyone else in the entire United Kingdom.

Reply to
Conor

Tell you what chaps - lets just say the post with the rear door lock catch on. Might save grief. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)