P6 value?

Whilst you know Mr and Mrs Fuckwit-Troll and their son Halfwit.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

At least I don't post like a demented, trolling, tosser.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

,

Yes, the rear light pillar is a bit ugly...

FFS, can't you get anything right, it hasn't got a C pillar, the B pillar is the rear door mounting pillar, the front door catch is mounted on the forward edge of the rear door, which locks into the can't and sill rail - I though you said that you own one, heck I hope I never meet you driving down the road as you must be as blind as Stevie Wonder!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

What, like you did on uk.rec.models.rail until everyone there killfiled you, you mean? BTW, we don't miss you there Jerry! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

By your own reckoning, the B-pillar is integrated into the rear door at the leading edge - the C-pillar is where the rear door is hinged. That /is/ where the striker plate for the front door is.

As the car has a central pillar between the windows as well - it's not a 'pillarless coupe' design - then perhaps it's time you gave up trying to troll people here, since you're not only incapable of drumming up a good insult, you're also too stupid to keep track of your own arguments ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

door at

But that is not part of the shell, the doors are separate (removable) panels, if you order a replacement shell you can order a dressed shell (ie. with doors, bonnet, boot and possibly front wings etc.) or a stripped shell (without the bolt on panels) - thus the rear door might well have a structural pillar in it but that does not make it the B pillar, the B pillar is the next structural pillar / mounting point back from the A post on the *shell*, in this case the rear door mounting point.

trying to

The sell looks pillar-less to me; [ for other peoples benefit, follow the following URL and the images down the right hand side of the page,

] Seems like you don't even know anything about the cars you claim you own!

As I said, the vehicle shell doesn't have a conventional B and C post between the front and rear doors, instead the rear door has a structural pillar built into it. The only people trolling are people like you and the other idiots who know nothing about vehicle structures and everything about ignorant (grease monkey) workshop slang!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

:::Jerry:::: ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What letter should we assign to that structural pillar, Jerry?

Reply to
Adrian

RichardK ( snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMbtconnect.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If I admit to being in that category, it'll probably just give Jerry further ammo against you.

So I will. Because Jerry gets funnier by the day.

Can I give you a not-very-many hundred quid cash for this one, too?

Reply to
Adrian

It's like a good comedy :D

Er... no? ;)

When I've done with my Bentley project - if I can get it right - NO-one is going to believe what car I have then :D

(I have a long-term plan to have a Bentley. Ideally a Contintental R Mulliner with T-spec dashboard (the T is too short for 4-up long trips) but I'll be happy with a good condition Bentley Eight. It just has to be a Bentley, and for reasons of 70s crapness, not a T1/T2. An S3 Continental (Chinese Eye) would be alright though ;) And I might be happy with a "Corniche" Continental - though I hate Rolls Royces due to the image/bling, I've got a soft spot for the Corniche)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

RichardK ( snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMbtconnect.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I can see a respray and a retrim in the near future.

Reply to
Adrian

I wouldn't change a thing on that. The colour and trim may not be what I would go for personally (though I think red suits the Corniche/Continental), but I remember the video and the car's history is a perfect 80s reference point.

My chosen colour is, of course, black, though British Racing Green is second, and would be a priority if finances allowed and a suitable 2001 LeMans edition Continental showed up.

Not a bad price for one, either - assuming it's in proper order. Dread to think what CD changer it has though!

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

RichardK ( snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMbtconnect.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I thought you liked ShiteOldAudioKit?

Reply to
Adrian

No, I like ShiteOldComputers. I like InterestingOldAudioKit ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

On Wed, 17 May 2006 18:05:01 +0100, ":::Jerry::::"

You are the comic relief that keeps my finger of the killfile button, and that which continues to amuse and entertain.

Sad, I know, but hey, maybe that's just me. I actually *enjoy* reading the Dizzy/Turtill/Jerry/Bourne rants. Am I weird, or what?

Reply to
Dean Dark

Dean Dark ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.notthis.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I know exactly what you mean...

Reply to
Adrian

The trick is to just throw a little fuel on the fire at appropriate moments, and not get sucked into the "argument."

I did it earlier in the thread, but I don't think they noticed - at least I didn't get any overt wacko attacks for having done it...

Reply to
Dean Dark

OK Late addition here but what the hell

Hillman Hunter genuine Rootes parts list refers to them as

Pillar - Centre - RH - 'BC' Post

and

Pillar Centre - LH

Reply to
Gwyn Oakley

No, you're not weird. I enjoy reading them too. Joing the club :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I earn more than owner drivers. My mate who ran a fleet of three lorries earned more with an agency than he did out of the fleet.

No money in continental.

Reply to
Conor

Reference?

All they've done is proved that the BL group used "B-C" posts.

Reply to
Conor