Best Rated threads in General Ford Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help! Stiff, noisy steering in 99 Sable
Hi... I have a 99 Mercury Sable that recently started making some serious loud whirring noise when turning (mostly left). After a while the steering got so stiff I could barely turn a corner. I took...
8
8

95 Mercury Cougar - EGR Bad?
95 Cougar, 4.6 V8, 120,000 miles My check engine light came on after the car had just been sitting for a couple of weeks. I got Auto Zone to read the code, which turned out to be something about the...
5
5

lifter direction 3.8
Does it matter which direction the oil hole goes on the side of the lifter, up or down?
3
3

removing the gas tank on a '96 ford ranger (3.0, 4x4)
removing the gas tank on a '96 ford ranger Anyone have any idea on how to disconnect the wires from the top of the gas tank? This seems to be a strange type of connector. Not sure if it's meant to be...
4
4

Applications for ECU OEM # 94BB-12A650-RA
Hello, Do you know the applications for ECU OEM # 94BB-12A650-RA ? Is there any book/manual/website for this kind of information? Thanks.
3
3

Used Stop Leak for Head Gasket
Hello, I have a problem. I have a 96 for Windstar head gasket problem. Someone told me to use a stop leak product to seal it up. I used a product from prestone. It looked like liquid oatmeal. The...
15
15

Ignition lock cylinder removal
I'm having trouble removing the lock cylinder on a 92 mercury sable. I know that the key is supposed to be in the run position in order to remove the lock, but therein lies the problem. The whole...
8
8

1989 Tempo alignment specs
Hello Can anyone tell me what the alignment specs are (toe, caster, camber, cross camber) for a 1989 Ford Tempo, FWD, 2.3? Thanks in advance. I don't trust this shop, and want to be armed with this...
6
6

1993 Lincoln Town Car Transmission Fluid Leak
The Lincoln transmission is leaking fluid out of the front of the transmission severely. The torque converter seems to be holding its fluid. What would be the most likely probem?
3
3

1996 FORD ESCORT WON'T CRANK
I HAVE A 1996 FORD ESCORT ONE DAY ITS RUNNING NEXT IT'S DEAD TRIED STATER IT'S GOOD TRIED EVERYTHING TRIED TO TURN MOTOR BY HAND IT WONT CRANK I WAS THINKING MAYBE THE CLUTCH IS STUCK OR SOMETHING...
1
1

st170 pile of poo
Ah a Ford newsgroup, oh dear too many sad people in here. Ford st170 pah what a load of crap.
3
3

Code P1285 Cylinder Head Overtemperature Condition
Does someone know the reason for "P1285 Cylinder Head Overtemperature Condition" and what part is needed to repair the condition for a 01 Mustang w/V6.
1
1

93 taurus battery is being drained
we have changed many parts on this car, it has a new battery, alternator and a starter. still something is causing the battery to drain. I am puzzled by this and i need your help. She cranks over and...
5
5

[HELP] 2002's Fiesta 1.4 TDCi problem
Hi! (Please, miss my mistakes...) I have a 2002's Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi and since 2003 I've been experiencing a little problem. It all started with the low fuel light appearing when I had 2 marks of...

Ford Tempo: Bleeding Brakes
I am fixing the brakes on my Ford Tempo--sorry for any redundant threads. I proceeded OK on the driver's side, now I'm on the passenger's side. Driver's side went smoothly, passenger side less so. The...
5
5

Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 302 Efi
Hi, I'm 23 years old and live in Norway. A while back I bought a 1986 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 302 EFI. The truck was bought from a cardealership with promises of it being in excellent condition. I have...

Taurus DPFE was Re: Code reader suggestions ?
My 2000 Taurus (12V Vulcan engine, 110k km, 68k miles) had the MIL light come on. I read the code P0401. It went off for a bit then came back on. I am registered to receive any recall notices but I...
2
2

Code reader suggestions ?
On my 2002 Ford Taurus SEL wagon I have a recurring "check engine" light coming on, and after doing some searches on this discussion group, it seems that, that is a fairly common issue. I came across...
18
18

1994 Ford Thunderbird keeps killing my battery Please help
I can't figure out what is killing my battery and need help. Please give me some idea as to what may be draining my battery and how to fix it.
8
8

Re: Cool - first problem with Kermit
As an update. The TMAP sensor appears to be producing duff information. When driving along the manifold pressure goes from normal up to full on (107, heh I don't know what the scale is) and then back...
13
13