1999 2.0 lock problem

Hi, Can anyone shed some light on a problem I'm having with a 2.0 focus ghia

1999 as I can now only lock the car using the key manually. I thought it was the battery in the remote key that had failed, so I changed it but this did not work. Not sure where to look is it fuses? relays or something simpler? Any help greatly appreciated.

John

Reply to
JG

The likelihood is that the key fob has failed. This is a fairly common fault apparently, my own '99 car suffering in the same way.

I lost interest in getting it fixed when my dealer was talking of around

60UKP for a fob, and another 40UKP to program it to match the car!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thanks Chris,