33x9.5 on TJ

Does anyone know how much turning radius I would lose putting 33x9.5 BFG ATs on a stock set of Canyon (15x8) rims (without a wheelspacer) assuming a proper height adjustment?

In other words, will it end up turning like an aircraft carrier?

Thanx in advance for any input into this...

Warren Quin snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.nospam.com (Remove the "nospam" to reply)

2000 TJ - Stock DD under construction 78 CJ7 - sold 80 CJ7 - sold 95 Dodge RAM 4x4 - sold
Reply to
Warren Quin

David C. Moller

Not sure about turning radius but mount one tire and have a look at it before you commit to 33x9.5 tires on an 8 inch rim. They look super skinny on a 7 inch rim, it might look really odd on the 8. (if that matters)

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Hope fully so...

Thanx

Reply to
Warren Quin

"odd" is in the eye of the beholder... And after running my 33x12.5's on my last CJ, I'm wanting to try something a little less pontoon like (particularly when the tread got down to the last third)... For where I go and what I do (not to mention the weather here in the lovely Saint John, NB area) the tall and skinny will be a better choice...

Thanx

Reply to
Warren Quin