WTB wrecked Wrangler/Cherokee

I need a new tranny to replace my Peugeot 5-speed. I am looking for a 1989 or newer Cherokee or Wrangler, any body condition - I want to buy the entire vehicle, cause I'm not sure when I'll get around to swapping trannys, and I don't want to start and find out I needed to get some part off the donor vehicle that I don't have. I guess if the engine is in good shape, I would get one with the AW4 auto, and just swap the entire drivetrain and computers, but 5-speed is what I'd prefer, nothing wrong with my 258. I live in the Baton Rouge, LA area, don't want to travel more than about 200 miles to pick up. Thanks Tookie - Denham Springs, LA

88YJ, 4" lift, 33" TSLs, Lock-Rights PosiLock, 4.10s
Reply to
Tookie

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Carefull on the 89 Charokee. I have a early 89 and it's got the BA 10/5 French transmission.

Joe

Reply to
Jo Bo

Thanks, don't want to get another of those, I thought they switched in

1989 Tookie - Denham Springs, LA 88YJ, 4" lift, 33" TSLs, Lock-Rights PosiLock, 4.10s
Reply to
Tookie

I put a 5 sp. AX15 from a 97 TJ in my 81 CJ, works great, need an adaptor from either Advanced or Novack, and new clutch.

Reply to
Greg