95 mdl disco

I want to upgrade my brakes I have a discovery with the solid rotors and want to put the larger vented ones on. I have been told that I can get a pair of defender calipers as they bolt straght on. Does any one know which model defender will do this? Jayson

Reply to
Jayson

On or around Fri, 2 Apr 2004 03:07:55 +1000, "Jayson" enlightened us thusly:

later disco ones will fit as well, I assume.

why do you want to do this, BTW? for normal purposes, the ordinary brakes are pretty good. You might want to check the disc thickness - they get worn down. New solid ones are pretty cheap.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I know that my '97 Defender has vented disks, so the calipers from that year would probably do. They're not cheap though, they cost me about £80 each, and that's exchange pricing.

I was lucky and got brand new ones as they didn't have any recon ones in stock!!

Reply to
Simon Barr

The brakes on my 96 disco were OK but I wanted them to be a bit better. Khecked the thickness and they were down to 10mm (Whoops orig 16mm). Bought new ones for all round and they now will stop alot quicker with alot less pedal pressure. This is probably quite a bit cheaper than vented disks and new calipers.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon