Desert Island tools

Even my rattle gun wouldn't shift the buggers. No wonder the wheelbrace snapped.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

The foetus in Halfords told me I must mean a Range Rover when I went to get plates for the 101. In the end it was easier to agree with him, because if the computer says there isn't a 101, there can't be!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

  1. Compressor.
  2. Air Impact Wrench for those bl**dy tight nuts.
  3. Air Ratchet for those bl**dy awkward nuts that you can only do 1/2 a flat at a time with a spanner or normal ratchet.
  4. Any other miscellaneous air tools that are cheap and might just come in useful one day (or at least that's what I tell SWMBO - personally I just can't have enough of them).
Reply to
Phil Gardiner

That strong huh!!

Reply to
SimonJ

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Tim Hobbs at snipped-for-privacy@101ambulance-urine.net wrote on 3/11/03 23:39:

Halford recon I have a 1957 109 Defender.

Reply to
Rory Manton

AAA card & cell phone. Plus 6 quarts of GatorAde if I'm in the Mojave.

Mike O'Reilly California USA

99 Disco I
Reply to
Mike O'Reilly

Careful Paul, you're sounding like an old git!

Reply to
David French

What, pour the Gatorade in the tank when the diesel runs out?

Reply to
David French

Can I help it? I was brought up in a place where all the parts stores were run by the ex-parts men from the various marque franchises that had closed up due to consolodation. These guys knew what they were doing.

The modern breed know how to fit blue lights to the washer nozzles and sell big expensive radios. No damn use to me when I want a distributor for a BMC E Series engine.

I recently had the PFY at the local MGR dealership tell me that "there is no such car as a Vanden Plas 1500." The look on their face was priceless when I pointed to the parking bay where this rusting white Allegro with what looked like a rolls royce grill was and said "What's that then?"

P.

Only 28.

I can't be an old fart yet, can I?

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

I hope not, I've got ten years on you!

Reply to
Simon Barr

new shoe horn for my next project :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Hmmmm . . . that might work. Much more expensive than 91 octane, though. I also carry two bottles of Pedialite just in case (I've been dehydrated twice -- no fun at all).

Reply to
Mike O'Reilly

That reminds me..

I know a guy who had some big Roll's Royce LPG engines sitting in his garage. Intended for busses i think. I cant remember how many litres they were but it was a lot!

I very briefly considered one for my 2A (saw him just after i blew it up), but decided that the suspension and bulkhead modifications might be a bit to severe (bloody huge them things were!). And my current chassis probably wouldnt like it too much!.

You could probably get one into a 101 if your shoehorn was good enough.....

Reply to
Tom Woods

Let me lead the chorus...

"Nah, it would never work"

All together now....

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I can't comment further, Mrs D has my credit card in rather a compromising position with a pair of scissors....

Tom, just drop one off when your next over this way would you ;-)

Lee D

--

- Landrover projects site

Reply to
Lee_D

I might go and ask him if he has any left when i'm next going past :) I think he had 6 of them in total!

I'll take a tape measure with me... A Rolls Royce would make a nice companion to your Jag... :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

ARSE!!!!!!! Look now you've gone and got me interested!!!! 6 you say..H'mmm thats far to many spare engines for one man... I bet they won't be cheap mind... H'mmm, taking the body of a IIa is one thing....mind you If I can find a big warehouse and fit a large sunroof it should go in ok.....

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Of course, if you install 4 engines you can do away with all that troublesome transfer box and propshaft nonsense.

If 4 Rolls engines is good enough for Boeing...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I thought you wanted a sunroof anyhow... :)

Reply to
Tom Woods