Discovery oil cooler pipes

The upper pipe going from the engine to the oil cooler on my 1997 Discovery

300Tdi is starting to weep slightly from the join of the metal part to the flexible hose. Does anyone know if these can be recrimped?

In the 5 years I have had the vehicle, both these oil cooler pipes have failed. Have other Disco users had the same problems, or have I just been unlucky?

Regards Graham Carter Harare Zimbabwe

Reply to
Graham Carter

Just for information both of the pipes new only come to £52.42 in total...

Part numbers

PBP101140 PBP101130

Regards Brian Tonks Tonks4x4

Reply to
Tonks4x4

: Hello Graham;

: I have replaced the two recently on my 1993 200Tdi that had : done 125 000 km in the 10 years I've had it. It was the : first replacement. Re-crimping is not successful. What is : done is: the metal fittings on both ends are removed and : re-fitted to new (and better) rubber hoses. It cost me : $A165.00 for having both done. I did the removal and : installation of the hoses myself. Enquiries made told me : that factory replacements cost $A250.00 a set. : The shop owner who fixed mine told me that they are doing

Reply to
thesnowbaron