FA: My landy on ebay again

It's back on ebay, didn't sell first time, and the 4x4web site has gotten me nothing but scammers so far.

Item number 280007529495 on ebay.co.uk

Ian Rawlings

On or around Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:27:47 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

Good listing, the only comment I make is the one I've made before about the combination of b-i-n and reserve.

are you disclosing the reserve if people ask?

(personally, I never see a good reason not to)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I quite like the combo, the reserve is set close to the BIN price, I did think of putting it up with a decent starting price but you don't seem to get many bids that way, at least with a reserve you get some bidding started, even if they don't reach the reserve it at least gets some people in with a stake in the auction.

I've never been asked, no real qualms about letting people know though.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Im andyhart37 - I'm bidding, wifey is goig to slap me silly and I will be in intensive care for a year.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

That's if you beat the reserver price, 500 quid short of the BUN price. Check the pics out, they show all the warts, unfortunately you don't get to find out the truck's strong points unless you come and look at the thing and try it out, so I'd encourage you to do so if you're serious about buying it.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Sat, 15 Jul 2006 07:44:30 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

It does look a good truck. I suspect your price may be a touch high for a soft-top though. 110 wagons are the best sellers, followed by hard tops.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well, the gearbox has half the miles on it that you'd expect for a truck of that mileage, ditto the transfer box, rebuilt front brakes, a Fearns intercooler and an engine that's sweet, I reckon it's not so bad. It's also just had the 24,000 mile service including timing belt, didn't need much doing to it on that service, it only cost me lots of wonga because that's when the brakes were redone, new seals, pads, pistons etc.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

it's one of those 'who you know' things. it's easier to seel vehicles to folk that know and appreciate what you've done.

My next toy (unless I get distracted by a shiny thing) is gonna be a soft top c/w fold down screen. No idea what models I need to be looking for - haven't researched yet.

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:21:22 +0100, "William Tasso" enlightened us thusly:

LR-wise? series I or II are your best bet. technically, the screen will fold on the SIII and indeed the 90/110 but you have a lot more hassle with wipers and such, I assume. on the SI and SII the wiper motors just go with the screen. dunno what wiper motor the IIA has...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

definately

ok - sounds like it will be a hybrid project then.

warrabout light-weights?

splendid info Austin - many thanks

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:19:58 +0100, "William Tasso" enlightened us thusly:

hmm. not sure, in the screen-folding stakes. Personally, I've never been that attracted to the styling. As a soft-top, I think the SII works best, looks-wise, and it's a bit more practical as an everyday runner than a SI, although the SI 80" is by far the cutest landy.. Had one (an SII), years ago, and had a lot of fun with it

If you're looking for comfort, then lightweights, by all accounts, don't have it. SII on low-rate parabolics...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Lightweight has a standard Series windscreen and door-tops. The under- screen vents are in a removable section of bulkhead, which also carries the hinges. The top of the tub is slightly narrower, so the sticks differ a little, while the canvas also has to allow for the different height of the hooks on the body side.

I think a lightweight must have stiffer springs: the tare weights are about the same as a standard, but it has that half-ton payload rating. It pays off to lube the spring leaves. Comparing factory leaf-springs to parabolics is a little unfair.

Seats are the basic removable cushions, and you have to be able to move them to get at the fuel-tank fillers. That does shut off some comfort options.

If you wanted a Series with comfort, I wouldn't start with a Lightweight. And early coil-spring models are likely a much better starting point.

Reply to
David G. Bell

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:55:19 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.org.uk ("David G. Bell") scribbled the following nonsense:

My lightweight has parabolics and 90 seats, is perfectly comfortable.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I assume you need a psv licence for that many seats

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

On or around Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:55:19 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.org.uk ("David G. Bell") enlightened us thusly:

which is exactly my point. parabolics are better even if you do lube up the multileafs, even if only 'cos of a big reduction in unsprung weight. The standard springs are a lot heavier, as well as less responsive.

If I wanted a SWB series for light use, I'd be looking at either 2-leaf or

2+1 parabolics. Got the latter on the LWB and the ride is much improved. For a SWB 2 leaves is enough unless you habitually carry heavy stuff, when the helper leaf comes in handy.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:18:28 +0100, "Andy.Smalley" enlightened us thusly:

teehee.

Reply to
Austin Shackles