Galvanised Chasis - Its gonna be criminal?

Hi Group,

Its finally happened the old 2a has given up the ghost - whilst on a mild (ish) green lane - couple of deep ruts and the chassis broke its back - bugger - It broke on the only bit of leg that wasn't patched up!.

So massive dilemma - I have a series 3 with a lovely unmarked - totally perfect galvanised chassis - its gonna hurt to do this but im gonna have to prep this machine up for off roading - roll cage etc ( I just strongly believe in using it what it was designed for - whilst still giving it some respect).

But, before I rush in - does anybody have any other suggestions - or indeed want to swap something Landover ish that suitable for offroading for the galved machine? - never know - worth a try!

Roger

Reply to
Rog

Why not re-chassis your 2a instead?

It's going to be tax free - you're better off putting money towards it than throwing more money at the S3. Keep it in good condition in order for it to retain any value whatsoever....

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Hi William,

More of a m>

Reply to
Rog

Drink more grolsh....you can't rush these things....trust me.

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Schtoooop - This landrover isnt ready yet

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I strongly object to that. It's Dutch, and therefor tasts like pig piss (don't ask !).

Try some real beer if you must...or rechassis the SII. And I do think I feel a series I rant boiling to the surface...watch this space.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.