Name and Shame Insurance Companies

Austin Shackles composed the following;:

Lot's of room to park 'extra' vehicles .. 'specially when mates come around .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

You have mates - oh yeah Alcoholics Anonymous.

School Caretaker - cor I bet you had to have a Degree to get that - get back in your broom cupboard - you troll.

Andrew Renshaw

in your broom cupboard - you

My father was a School Caretaker for 25 years,a very intelligent man and in all that time he was never ripped off by an insurance company

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Hmm, now then, let's see...

Weighing the comments in this thread one may believe you got exactly what you deserve. Indeed this point was made, albeit not perhaps in the most positive of ways. Attempts were made to lighten things a little, echoed and acknowledged with smileys, until now, when you appear to negate the efforts made to 'chill-it' by posting futher inflamitory comments. Ho hum, kids of today etc...

Reply to
Mother

the school my dad was caretaker of was a infants and juniors two large playgrounds we used for remote control cars etc we used the gym to play in if the weather was bad then when I got old enough the car parks were ideal as car repair areas, one area was under cover so it was perfect the drive was about 200 yards long this sounds great saying "oh we managed to get to 40 MPH down our drive" or "the drive is so long the postman only delivers once a week" you could see the ladies thinking stately home or something then you take them to a school 8-((

I always fancied being a school caretaker but around here the moneys not that good

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Long time since I have been a kid - about 25 years at least. Hey your point well made Mother. I also should not have mentioned School Caretakers as that was derogatory.

Andrew Renshaw

Andy.Smalley composed the following;:

LOL, that's _exactly_ how we use it .. ;)

Heheheh, I think my missus might say something to me using that line. Or, indeed, any 'come hither' line .. ;)

As I was made redundant from a pretty lucrative engineering job with a reasonable payment or three, we manage. Though I can't work overtime or do 'extras' as the tax situation gets a little .. er .. hazy .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Andrew Renshaw composed the following;:

Plenty mates, but nope, I rarely drink. Though when I do I invariably get drunk 'cos I never usually have more than one beer or whisky a week, so it only takes me two to get tipsy.

Mechanical and Production Engineering actually.

I was made redundant from A Multi-National company, where I was (My business card said) MVIC Sector Manager. Basically I was responsible for setting up Georges Renault Torque Control equipment. Interestingly, we setup the axle assembly line for the Freelander and P38 and all that followed.

I'm 45 and effectively retired, what do you do?

Oh, and I never got stung by an insurance or credit company.

Bye .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Paul said:-

Hi Paul,

Okay I suppose lets give you my full title:

Reverend Andrew Renshaw B.A. Hons (Dunelm); Dip R.S. (Cantab); Dip Theol (Bham); M.O.M.N.H.S.; Dip. Sexual Abuse (Bristol); M.B.E.S.

I was very unkind in what I said about you. I am a Methodist Minister (Reverend), my areas are Mental Health, Church Growth and Change Management, also extensive research in preaching and teaching techniques.. Oh and I spend far too much time messing about with a Land Rover 110 and a Discovery. Oh and I fish when I can tear myslef away from my Land Rover and four kids.

I'm 37 , so younger than you but unlikely to retire before I am 65 or maybe even 70.

Yours

Andrew Renshaw

LOL!!! Paul, look out for thunderbolts for then next few weeks ;~) (only kiddin both of you!)

Just goes to show, you never know who's who do you? You dont really have a career though Andrew I suppose. It's more a vocation. But you outburst did show we are all human & capable of losing our rag!

I couldn't see that a Rev could ever really 'retire' if you see my meaning!

Prolly a good time to put this on hold now!

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

Andrew Renshaw composed the following;:

Heheheh, damn but you soon realise you've got it bad when you find you've been arguing with a reverend ... ;)

I've got two boys, 9 and 12, who loved our S3 and now 'quite like' the Discovery but want a 'mud-plugger' again ... which we're hoping to get sometime this year. We're getting back into my first love, motorbikes, and currently have two bikes both Trials bikes and both older than the kids .. ;)

eeeeh, but you're a whippersnapper yet, and I also hope to still be a caretaker, (virtually retired) until I'm past the point where I'm actually useful. :).

No hard feelings, water under the bridge and all that schmaltzy stuff.

You never know, we might meet up and have a beer, or a drink anyway, at some Landrover show or display somewhere, (I can't believe I'm gonna say this) my shout .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

At this point I feel obliged to join the thread.

I'm quite partial to a pint of Ruddles County or at a push Adnams. A pint of either would be welcome thankyou!!!

Cheers all.

Remember we all have one thing at least in common - we subscribe to this news group. Mabe some of us have landrovers too!

Mines a 1986 ex RAF 90. keeps me occupied when the day job gets to much!!!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Bush

LOL!!!!!!!!!

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

I'm never really that sure who I am, let alone anyone else...

Reply to
Mother

Confused? Don't be, it's normal...

Mother

Yeah Nige you never really retire. Very rare you are allowed to give up preaching and Synod unless you get Dementia and start talking rubbish, but i have been doing that for years.

Andrew Renshaw

I would love to have a beer sometime Paul, and a few Whiskey's. I have three girls 13, 11, 6, 2 and married for 17 years.

The scariest thing was a lad knocking on the door and me asking who he was and he said he was my eldests boyfriend - I had a fit and several Brandy's.

Nice to get to know you

Andrew Renshaw

Good job no-one called him fat.

Reply to
wayne

I think a part of the overall problem is we treat insurance companies as our friends - protecting us during the times things go wrong. While this may indeed be the case in rare circumstances, it is generally best to view insurance companies in the same way some of us view banks: As The Enemy

It's naive to see banks or insurance companies in any other way IMO. They have profits to make and will do their best to avoid you getting in the way of that aim.

Reply to
Mother