[off] sticky woodworking router

Can't think of a better informed group to ask:

My little Bosch router is driving me nuts: recently, the plunge part has started jamming up at crucial moments (i.e. whenever I try to plunge it). I've cleaned the slides and used fresh engine oil on them (steel bars, white metal soleplate/frame), but that doesn't seem to help.

I can't imagine what's causing the problem (they seem parallel too and it hasn't been dropped), but I'm sure someone here has a good idea...

Regards,

Simonm (yes, she wants the bathroom finished...).

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

|| Can't think of a better informed group to ask: || || My little Bosch router is driving me nuts: recently, the plunge part || has started jamming up at crucial moments (i.e. whenever I try to || plunge it). I've cleaned the slides and used fresh engine oil on || them (steel bars, white metal soleplate/frame), but that doesn't || seem to help. || || I can't imagine what's causing the problem (they seem parallel too || and it hasn't been dropped), but I'm sure someone here has a good || idea...

Simon - strip it again and get rid of all the oil! The plunge mechanism works best when completely clean. Get everything off the sliding surfaces and then lubricate with a dry silicon spray. Works on the soleplate too.

Reply to
Rich

In article , Rich writes

Right-oh. I've got some so I'll give it a try.

Many thanks,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig