Radio unlocking in Disco 200tdi

Yes, I know it's probably been done to death, but...

Changed the battery in the disco as it's for sale soon and I don't want the buyer to have any nasty 'extra' expenses. Natrually the radio needed the PIN sticking in afterwards. Charlotte tried this (accidentally hit the wrong number of the last digit). Long and short of it is, although she only did it the once, it's locked with the number she input displayed. How can I unlock the sodding thing?

Reply to
Mother

Hi Mother,

Well one way is to stick it in the deep freeze for a couple of days in a sealed plastic bag. You should be able to input a new number then.( I am being serious)

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

Alternatively, press and hold the band (BND) button for 5 seconds, then re-enter the correct code... :-)

(20 second call to a local car audio place!)

Reply to
Mother

Yesssss seems a little quicker than my way.

Kapla

Andrew Renshaw

And less messy that sprinkling a large circle of salt around the vehicle and chanting and old spell... ;-)

Reply to
Mother