RR classic radio security code

Old stereo went out. Ordered used one from wrecking yard. Gave dealer VIN from radio's original vehicle. He could not find the code. How else can I find the security code? Any help would be appreciated.

Doug

Reply to
Hootie

Take it to a car audio place, got my wife's reprogrammed, cost her £25 though.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

look in your local paper or have a word at your local motor spares shop - they will usually elicit somebody who can decode the radio for you for a fee - usually £10 or £15

Reply to
David J. Button

If you can ....... try th vehicles origional supplier they usually keep records like that and will probably let you have the code for the price of a call. ( try number plate logo if still around or a search on the history from the breaker ( slim cahnce ) )

Reply to
Hirsty's

radio code generator ?

Reply to
George Spigot

Email me with all the numbers (radio part, car VIN etc) you have. I'll try, but I cant promise.

russ dot goff at gmail dot com

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware