Someone's got to give....

in to temptation :0)

This one is particularly close to some of our Welsh contingent and has a drop plate to tow a caravan ;0)

reserve seems steep so must be a good'un or a wishful seller.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Summat seems odd about this, well, the piccie really. Windscreen seems to have something over it - and there are no windscreen wipers.

Reply to
Mother

Yeah I spotted that too, most odd... perhaphs it a interplanitary moon rover prototype, no rain and all that.

I'd suspect it's an old piccy, otherwise I'd have to become suspicious....owwwhhh sod it.. now I'm just suspicious!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

That reserve alone seems too high, sure, it might make it, but its a pretty high hurdle.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On or around Sat, 12 Nov 2005 14:12:02 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

very steep. Mind, it has (allegedly) got a 3.9 in it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

did you spot this one (check his other items he has a chassis with bits on it too)

realistic price - good grief my welding sense is tingling nooooo nomore projects! Derek

Reply to
Derek

Especially for such a crappy description and picture.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Sat, 12 Nov 2005 23:24:57 +0000, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

I've sent him a question about the windscreen...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Given 101's recent sales (or rather not) on Ebay, I doubt it.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Derek came up with the following;:

ooooooooo ...

ooooo that is seriously tempting for a 'project'.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:03:18 -0000, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

reply from the seller about the windscreen:

"Windscreen is brand new - just had dust on it when the photo was taken; yes, there are two wipers!"

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:01:53 +0000, Alex enlightened us thusly:

quite. now if it were a radbod, or even an ambi...

but GSs are not making that kind of money generally unless it's much better than the picture shows.

It does have a good spec engine and new canvas.

how does he get high-ratio final drive, I wonder? And will the gearbox take the power that the engine, if decent, should put out?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Common mod. Change the transfer box gearing to the high ratio. Simple enough job, pull the intermediate shaft out a little, drop the existing gear off, replace with the high ratio, replace intermediate shaft.

Course, it's always easy when you go a tool known as 'Warren' ;-)

Reply to
Mother

Some of us actually manage to work on our motors ourselves.....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I'm still trying to get rid of feathers from my mouth from the last time I let some ***k** loose with spanners on one of my fleet. Which reminds me I must sort that blowing manifold out.....again..... (myself!).

Accepting our local LPG guys who are just pure saints and Landranger services who exercised my Visa when Morph needed Bleeding and mucho various brake bits in one go.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D