Strange mobile camera

Not so, according to this:

Bruce Tanner

On or around Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:30:47 +0000 (UTC), "Bruce Tanner" enlightened us thusly:

mind, the audio clip sure as hell sounds like master bates. but there y'go. video clip wouldn;t work here, fecking real media. I refuse to download their player, as it naffs up the settings for everything else on the machine, and real alternative seems not to want to play video clips.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There's always someone has to spoil it isn't there!

Reply to
SimonJ

In message , Andy.Smalley writes

Next year then, or the year after that, or the year after that.....

Reply to
hugh

Seen today just outside a village on the A40 in Carmarthenshire, a small grey van (Fiesta?) with a yellow-clad person leaning over into the back seat. It was parked just outside the end of the village 30 limit, and as I passed an array of about six yellow lights mounted inside the rear window flashed at me for about 3 seconds. They were like strobe lights in the way they flashed, not the ones that whiz round and round, and they seemed to flash on as I approached and go off as I passed. Is this some new speed/tax/chipfat detection device, or just a council vehicle with rather high-tech warning lights? Ring a bell with anyone? Sorry, guys, but I'm getting a bit paranoid about these things :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

It can't be a speed camera van or ANPR - these have to be liveried in some way, so as to make it obvious what they are.

If it was just a grey van it could have been DVLA, but then there should have been a sign telling you as such on the road side.

Coulod have been a traffic survey - phone the local plod or council and ask.

So were you over or under the speed limit?

Mung.

Reply to
Mungo

They were like strobe lights in the way

One of them new fangled Stargates ??? Keeps the lock ups empty; just go to a parralell universe :-))

Reply to
Hirsty's

Speed camera have to be liveried so it is obvious what they are?????

"South Yorkshire Safety Camera Partnership"

Doesn't read like Speed Camera to me

Reply to
Harpic

So Mungo was, like

Aha, that would be telling...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

So Harpic was, like

Thanks for the reassurance. I got clocked a couple of weeks ago (see another thread) and having spent Saturday driving in the Sheffield/Rotherham/Gainsborough area I am now utterly paranoid. Gatso, Specs, flashing warnings, red routes, the lot. I was being incredibly cautious and speed-conscious (understandably, I think), and I still found it hard to know what the speed limit was at any one time. Since I last did this route a couple of years ago, the limits seem to have multiplied - 30,

40, 20, 50, National Limit, 30 again, 40 for a yard or two, 30 again... Are they making it deliberately difficult to comply with the law? Aaaaaaaargh.
Reply to
Richard Brookman

Yes they definitely can do, in fact according to one traffic officer I spoke to the black and silver plates are actually better for automatic recognition. (He didn't have any experience on how they coped with the white on black ones though)

Phil Gardiner

Reply to
Phil Gardiner