td5 rattle

when I drive my 130 td5 around 83km/h this rattle sound appears from the drivetrain, backend or motor, not quite sure. its a tini rattle sound like someone shakes a bit of change in a can! could it be the baffles in the exhaust (are there any baffles). it seems not to matter if I am just idling or put power on. It just appears as soon as it hits that 83km/h mark. Any suggestions? thanks a bunch! Ralph

Reply to
Ralph

Firstly, please stop posting in HTML. It's bloody bad manners.

Loose heatshield on the exhaust? Catalytic converter innards loose?

Where in NZ are you located - if anywhere near Auckland drop me an email and I'll come and have a look at it. It's not likely I'll be available before next week as the mud is calling this weekend.

Reply to
EMB

That tinny sound is almost certainly related to the exhaust - cats, silencer baffles, heat-shields etc. So not desperately worrying, then. Just a matter of pinpointuing exactly where and what.

Reply to
Dave P