Totally OT ...

... and copied from a post I made to UKRM, just in case anyone has one lying about ... ;)

Hi all, eldest son is currently 15 yrs old, soon to be sweet [1] sixteen and wants a moped, something like a Peugeot Speedfight stylee. He can ride already (We've always had bikes etc so he knows how to control them at least) but wants a twist 'n go for his first foray into traffic 'just in case' [2].

So, has anyone got a reasonably reliable one for sale, doesn't have to be a Peugeot, just that stylee, but it can't be one of the cheap chinese imports. Main thing is that it goes, rides and stops well. [3] We expect some bodily scrapes and it to look tatty at that price but reliability is much more important as he's going to use it to commute to college 15 miles away. [4]

He has £300 to spend, which we'll possibly double for a decent one but would prefer not to. We live in Doncaster and can collect from wherever, within reason so maybe within a two hour or so radius. We don't need it until after April, but if the right one comes up, or if someone needs to get rid of a decent one ... ;)

[1] Not really, he's a right little git ... ;) [2] I He couldn't explain what he meant by 'just in case'. [3] For 50cc moped values of goes, rides and stops. [4] Which I think shows some balls to ride that far, daily, on a moped.
Reply to
Paul - xxx

Didn't Molly post about a £166 scooted she/he bought on UKRM? Said it was OK too IIRC?

Reply to
Nige

Nige