Wanted: Discovery TDi

Wel, I've decided that I want a Dakar conversion - and since they can now be done on a Disco chassis, a Tdi would seem to be the basis for a great off-roader.

has more details. So, I'm in the market for a Discovery Tdi to use as a donor vehicle.

Auto preferred, but the right car being more important.

Don't care about body work (it's angle grinder time), but the chassis and mechanicals need to be in good condition.

Interior: dash needs to be serviceable as does the centre console. Not bothered about the rest, though good seats are an advantage.

Accident damaged vehicles considered if the chassis survived intact and straight.

Please contact me via e-mail (replace spam with andy to reply) if you know of a suitable vehicle.

Price dependent on age and condition of vehicle: ideally less than a grand, but I'll pay up to £2k for the right vehicle comes along.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cunningham

Hi Andy,

I might have just the thing for you. L reg 200tdi. Vehicle "fell off" the road at slow speed into drainage ditch damaging all of one side. I;ve had the gearbox and transfer box (easy to convert to auto?) for my rangie with the propshafts but the rest is complete. It's got the blue "Conran?" interior and almost all of it is still there. Oh, and I had the rear diff. Body is none too good although the drivers side is lovely and straight.

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

There's a 200Tdi chassis on eBay ... >