Winch on RR

Has anyone got a winch on their classic range rover?

Any one got any pictures of winches mounted on CRRs

I'd really like the winch mounted 'inboard' and the roller plate mounted behind a 'dummy' bumper for town use, which is unclipped or unbolted for country use.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

in article 400ad6c5$0$2430$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com, Tom at snipped-for-privacy@list.com wrote on 18/1/2004 6:56 pm:

Have a look at the following website. Bruce had plans for a winch at one time after getting himself well and truly stuck once, no phone and a long walk to the nearest house after an unexpected downpour.

Its for a demountable winch - which could be kept in the car and taken out as and when needed, and not confined to one car and easy to fit as they can be attached to another tow ball fitted elsewhere on the car.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Mine had a capstan winch in behind the grille, couldn't see it at first glance. Had an ARB bar. Shall see if I have pics, but must go to bed now...

Reply to
Kieran McCoey

Here is few pictures about my winch installation.

RJ

Exactly what I'm after

I take it there was no serious modification of part fabrication?

thanks

Tom