Best Rated threads in Lexus Automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Do Lexus dealers negotiate price?
I recently walked into a Lexus dealership after having seen an add on for a Certified Pre Owned IS300 for $22750. The add did not have a colour or milage discription. At the Lexus dealership the...
5
5

How long can I run my 98 RX300?
Folks, My wife has a 98 RX300 with ~70K miles. It has been fully serviced according to specifications and we have had no serious problems. I don't know much about cars ... but I have a couple of basic...
5
5

Wind noise too......
I've loved my 02 ES, but have been plagued with the trans problem like others here. The interior is probably the best I've experienced. Great car - crappy trans (or should I say firmware). I thought...

LS400 vs RX300
My wife and I (no kids) are looking for a car to replace our Integra sedan that we have driven for the last 14 years. We will use it for grocery shopping and occasional road trips (I have a Miata for...
11
11

LS 430 downshift hesitation - solution found, details within
Concerning the LS 430's hesitancy to downshift when throttle is applied, we found this is at least partly attributable to the artificially intelligent transmission learning the habit. I successfully...
1
1

aftermarket ECU for 2002 ES300???
Does anyone know of a company that manufactures aftermarket ECUs to replace the factory module on a 2002 ES300? I am looking for a more responsive computer module than what the Lexus engineers are...
35
35

RX300 - Check Engine Light related to Oil Sludge?
I have a '99 RX300. I try to change the oil every 3000 miles b/c of the much discussed oil sludge problem. At about 85,000 miles I let it go to 5,000 miles between change. The Check Engine light came...
7
7

Rust on LS400?
So how much rust (if any) have you guys on your early lexus's? Just wondering, because here in Canada, they season (meaning salt) the roads quite nicely.. Of course, for you guys who don't live in a...
5
5

Lexus MP3 Player??
I have a MP3 player, and I also have a 96 Lexus with a dead Pioneer cd changer. Fixing or replacing the CD is expensive, and I use MP3s most of the time anyway. I player with both FM and tape player...
4
4

OEM Lexus Microfiche parts catalogs for sale
Have the following OEM Lexus parts catalogs for sale on microfiche. Worldwide shipping, no problem. E-mail me with any interest. Thanks, MAKE YEAR MODEL REV DATE COMMENT LEXUS 90 ES250 Jan-90 LEXUS 02...

LS400 Whining Engine(?)
Hello L/Owners, Let me cut to the point. At startup, the motor generates a high-pitch noise but disappears when the engine is "warmed". This problem continues, though and everytime I step on the gas,...
4
4

RX330 Auto Lock????
The RX330 auto locks the doors after you exit the car. My dealer claims the service department has to disable this via computer. Can this be true? Sort of like valet mode?? Help?
1
1

Clicking noise with stop and go braking
Dear experts, I have a 97 Camry XLE. 6 cylinder. Automatic. 108K miles. Many of you probably drive in stop and go traffic like I do. I've noticed something lately. When I press the brake, I hear a...
5
5

Diag. Code 25 91 LS400
OK...This seems to be that ONE code on every vehicle that should simply say; "Something isn't doing what its supposed to, check EVERYTHING" Light has been on for a few months...between my ongoing feud...
8
8

ES300 Wind Noise??
My 96 ES300 has minor wind noise from both front windows. I think it is a result of the piller-less door design, but don't know how to fix it. The moldings look good, and the doors line up OK. Any...
1
1

Recommended fuel for ES330 and RX330
Hi, Group! I have a question... What is the recommended fuel grade for the new ES330 and RX330?? I have seen Consumer Reports recently tested the new RX330 with regular fuel. Does the new 3.3 liter...
3
3

1993 GS300 Overheating
My GS300 is over heating when driving above 75 MPH but when in a stop like in traffic light it cools down and never overheats so I recently performed the following without any improvement: 1-Cleaned...
7
7

New speakers for Lexus LX470?
I have a 2001 Lexus LX470 with the Mark Levinson package. The stereo sounds "OK", but I really like have the 6 CD changer in the HU. What I was thinking of doing was switching out just the speakers...

'98 ES 300 "TRAC OFF" light is on
The "TRAC OFF" idiot light is on in my '98 ES 300 (110k miles). I don't know why, anyone have any ideas? Possibly a fuse? The car seems to drive normally, no problems shifting. I haven't actually...
1
1

Roof rattle (1998 GS400)
I am trying to solve a rattle in the sunroof area (or slightly behind) on my 1998 GS400. Certain speeds and certain smaller bumps cause it. It is like water torture. Can anyone help? I saw an earlier...
3
3