Astra rev counter bust

Hi all,

The rev counter on my '97 Astra TDS stopped working yesterday...it just doesn't budge. I've seen it before with belts slipping and an alternator that was on its way out, but all that seems fine now. Can anyone suggest some things too look for?

Cheers,

Mick

Reply to
mick

I'd first have the alternator checked. The feed for the revcounter isn't the same as its actual output - so I'd guess could fail separately. A frequency measuring DVM should do it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)