Slow Indicators

I have this really strange problem on my Disco II. On cold mornings, I put the indicators on and it is several seconds before they respond. As the car warms up the lag time decreases and on warm days they work normally. I tried the hazard lamps and they work fine all the time so it must be something in the indicator stalk. I find this very odd. Usually, things like this either work or don't work. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Steve W (in Aus)

Reply to
QD Steve

It sounds like there is a high resistance somewhere that decreases with temperature - it could be a bit of condensation or something simple like a dodgy contact on a bulb - but which one?........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

It could just be possible that you have one of the old fashioned flasher units that relies on the heating of a bi-metallic strip to make and break the circuit and it is getting slow to warm up on a cold day.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

On or around Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:46:26 +0100, "Jeff" enlightened us thusly:

I hesitate to use the word "impossible" in connection with LR production, but I really doubt that a disco II has a thermal flasher unit. it's more likely that it's got the wrong flavour of bulbs in it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles