interior trim removal

Car is 1999 E46 bmw. I may need to remove the plastic trim around the inner sills in order to pull up the carpet. So far while removing one piece of trim I have broken a clip - is there a clever way of doing these ? My repair manual suggests that a lot of the trim is "fit once, breaks on removal" - ie. you have to buy new ones :-( Is that true ?

Steve

Reply to
sro

Can't help with removal, but BMW aren't too pricey for clips & things.

Reply to
Scott M

The clip is part of the trim panel, so you need the whole trim panel :-( Havent dared ask prices yet as I may be able to reuse it with a bit of low cunning.....

Reply to
sro