MOT and windscreen satnav holder

And of course the vehicle might just be a test from trading standards, VOSA or even Which.

Reply to
Alang

It was a joke :-( ( add in your own huge sigh)

Reply to
the realfictitious

The instrument panel in the old Yaris was angled so that the driver had to look to their left. It was also at infinity focus so one didn't have to keep switching from far to near vision.

Francis

Reply to
Francis Burton
[...

Not quite.

A visor that won't remain up *on the driver's side only*, is a reason for rejection, although only if it drops down lower than the area swept by the wipers.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

And Fiat Punto/Vauxhall Corsa (the same car in fact). I hired both cars but didn't like this window arrangement at all, it fells like tunnel vision in forward direction. Unfortunately, this is a design trend that everybody copies.

Reply to
johannes

It's particularly good for roundabouts :-(

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Early days of MOT's and another point of view...

I had to get one of my cars tested whilst away on holiday in Scotland, it had been over looked and was due to run out. I took it into a mainland garage close to the Sky ferry.

They failed it on one of the steering rack boots being twisted. I reached under the car, turned it straight and said ..."will that do?". The tester was very embarrassed as he insisted I had to pay a retest fee.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield