MOT and windscreen satnav holder

How can that be safe - not only are you having to change your focus depth from far (road) to near, you are having to swing your view completely away from the way ahead to perhaps 30 degrees off to your left. What happens if someone pulls out to your right, whilst you are peering to the left with reduced focus and concentration?

Reply to
Blah

Isnt the glass clear from both sides?

Reply to
McKevvy

I bow down at the feet of knowledge.

Reply to
McKevvy

What, as opposed to "supposed to" ;-)

Reply to
Andy Cap

Blah gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I'm starting to think you should be heading to SpecSavers. On the bus.

Reply to
Adrian

I once discovered whilst working under a car that the tester had put a cable tie round a brake pipe to secure it, because one of the little plastic clips was broken. He never even mentioned it to me, and I would never have known but for the exhaust failing a couple of weeks after the test. I assume that putting a cable tie on was less hassle than failing it and re-testing.

Although this was before all the current computerisedness of the testing system.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

At 18:08:44 on 17/03/2009, Conor delighted uk.legal by announcing:

Nonsense. That would make the correct placement of many VED discs illegal, along with rear view mirrors and sun visors.

Reply to
Alex
[...]

RTFM :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

So if your positioning so clever, why don't car manufacturers (also planes, bikes etc) put their instruments over there - they obviously haven't the benefit of your foresight. No, instruments are placed close to the line of normal sight so you only have to dip you vision slightly to get the info you need. I think you'll find it hard to find *anyone* who thinks its a good idea to effectively *read the back of your tax disc* anytime you need to check the route..

You should be on the bus, far safer for the next person you don't see.

Reply to
Blah

Blah gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

You've clearly not come across the concept of voice instructions on a FatChav, with a bare glance required very infrequently - and, then, usually when stationary or at low speed approaching a junction. The change in focal length is much less significant than that required to look at instruments, which are required much more often, and the change in eyeline roughly similar. The detail required from the screen is also much lower than the "back of tax disc" you suggest.

Anyway, how on earth do you cope with the nearside door mirror?

Reply to
Adrian

Since this thread has degenerated into a "where do I stick my satnav" thread, i'll trhow in that i find my goes well on the drivers side quarterlite. i rarely need to look at it, and just follow the voice ...

Reply to
Jethro

Jethro gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

The number I've seen with it there, completely blocking their sightline to the mirror...

Reply to
Adrian

Driver-side quarter-light? I haven't seen one of those for about 40 years. Is your satnav one of those antique steam-powered types?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Ian Jackson gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

How else would you refer to the fixed window let into the A-pillar or the very front of the door of so much modern stuff - sprogbuses, particularly?

Reply to
Adrian

In message , Adrian writes

Of course, of course. I was thinking cars.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Ian Jackson gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Oh, look. There's one.

And another.

A few of 'em about, isn't there?

Reply to
Adrian

Sun visors that won't lift are already illegal

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Ford Anglia ..:-)

Reply to