New tyres

That implies you are 19 at least. And you still kow tow to your mum!! :-O

Reply to
Rob

Your mum sounds like a stupid bitch. If you want 3 points and thousands of pounds fine PER TYRE, or jail when you finally end up killing or maiming someone, then by all means take her advice.

Don't you think it's time you grew up and acted sensibly? Just because your mother is brain dead doesn't mean you have to be as irresponsible and stupid as her.

If I was your neighbour, I would most certainly be suggesting the local nick came and had a look at all of your cars.

In any case you are going to have to change the tyres because it won't get through an MOT with them in their current state.

You find it amusing?

Might teach you a lesson.

Reply to
Rob

Stuffed ( snipped-for-privacy@theworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Indeed. Still, it's very unlikely Peter's ever going to breed, so at least there's going to be a dead end to that particular evolutionary cockup.

Reply to
Adrian

Only if you see a layer of water in time to react. :-) Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

The message from P.Burley contains these words:

It's the nut holding the wheel that's the trouble, innit!

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Mike G" contains these words:

I've never had trouble spotting wet weather!

Reply to
Guy King

An average rainy day day doesn't usually make the roads wet enough to cause aquaplaning. With reasonably good tyres, a surface film of water, such as you get with very heavy rain, or surface flooding is needed before the tyres lose contact with the road. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Or:

  1. Have you never driven outside London/Jersey/Guernsey ?
Reply to
John Laird

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Peter) saying something like:

Thank Fu.. gawd for that.

"Doctor, my urine is a funny colour today."

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

There are funny speed lmits on Jersey and Guernsey?

Reply to
Doki

40MPH maximum
Reply to
Rob

Grimly Curmudgeon ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

"But I've asked my mummy, and she told me that she only pees once a month, and told me not to."

Reply to
Adrian

Looks like I want to go the Isle of Man then...

Reply to
Doki

Go while it's still worth it - they are talking (again) about applying a 60mph restriction on the mountain.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

My mum gave me a big threat today when I suggested getting tyres, I don't think I'll even mention the tyres again. My parents argument is that my car passed the MOT.

If I fail my MOT in November then I'll probably be allowed to get the tyres changed, and I'll bill my parents for the retest!

If I could live without my car then I'd consider getting rid of it. I do need it though, believe me. I have things which are too heavy to carry.

Reply to
Peter

Assuming that your current tyres are as you say, your mum should be locked up in a padded cell for her own safety.

What is the point of you posting on this newsgroup? You ask questions, get replies from people, a lot of whom are professionals with a lot of experience' then ignore them in favour of a loony old battleaxe who was crazy enough to give birth to you.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

I'm a troll :-D

Well, it depends which side your sitting, from my view that would be the engine :-D

Reply to
Peter

The message from petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Peter) contains these words:

Just slash 'em all and let 'em assume it was vandals.

Reply to
Guy King

WTF?! All that means is that your car was roadworthy on the date of the MOT.

If the tyres are in the condition you say they are, you won't make it till the MOT.

You don't need to get rid of it, you just need some new tyres and some common sense.

Reply to
Rob

Your mum is an engineer? Does she actually know how tyres work? No, I didn't think so. How are cheap tyres more dangerous than bald ones?!

It doesn't matter how cheap tyres are, they still have to be manufactured to stringent safety standards (the same as expensive ones) and will be infinitely safer than bald ones. When you pay more for tyres, you are paying for enhanced performance, notr enhanced safety.

Isn't it about time you stood up for yourself rather than being a mummies boy?

Reply to
Rob